Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
So this is the refreshed 200, and not the all-new 200?

·
Paper Tag Rubicon
4,735 Posts
So Barracuda is dead. Do plans for Barracuda shift to Challenger? IMO and we don't know yet but straying far from Challenger's timeless design '70/'08 etc would be a mistake.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hard to say, I'm guessing that the 2014 200, which apparently is now a refreshed until MY2015 vehicle, is going to be the first to show off the new design language. I am guessing that the Chrysler 100 will follow in this design and will debute around the same time as the All-New 200. Hopefully the 100 has the 9 speed in it at the very start and not be a huge cost to upgrade it.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Sir Moses Wellington said:
Hard to say, I'm guessing that the 2014 200, which apparently is now a refreshed until MY2015 vehicle, is going to be the first to show off the new design language. I am guessing that the Chrysler 100 will follow in this design and will debute around the same time as the All-New 200. Hopefully the 100 has the 9 speed in it at the very start and not be a huge cost to upgrade it.
A bit dated, but:
Nassau (2007 one, not earlier one): http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/nassau.html
ecoVoyager: http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/chrysler/ecovoyager.php
200C: http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/chrysler/200C.html
700C: http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/700C.html

All except 700C are 'pre-Lancia', so those may or may not reflect future design cues.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
John Rogers said:
So Barracuda is dead. Do plans for Barracuda shift to Challenger? IMO and we don't know yet but straying far from Challenger's timeless design '70/'08 etc would be a mistake.
My (total) guess based on hope and Ralph's limited comments from the article are that over the short term we're going to get a non-Daimler interior and new electronics (Ralph's comments) and a slight diet coupled to a power increase (my hope).

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
All except 700C are 'pre-Lancia', so those may or may not reflect future design cues.
But will Chrysler bother to incorporate Lancia styling cues in the new design language now that Marchionne has pretty much signalled that Lancia is dead? Or is there still hope?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Then again, the article refers to the 2014 Grand Cherokee as "all new" so other details may be just as accurate.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Lampredi said:
But will Chrysler bother to incorporate Lancia styling cues in the new design language now that Marchionne has pretty much signalled that Lancia is dead? Or is there still hope?
They are still selling Lancia, they have just said Lancia as a stand alone brand is gone. It is now a European comany that is going to be moderatly restyled and rebadged Chrysler vehicles. it won't be like the 300, where it's effectively just badges being different, I'm guessing slightly different sheet-metal on some vehicles in key places and different rear/front facias. Maybe. That is how I understand it, that may or may not have changed since I did it. Hard to say though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
So this is the refreshed 200, and not the all-new 200?
I was assuming they were showing the refreshed 200 at Detroit, but to my knowledge that didn't happen. I am guessing this article is referring to the 2015, all-new Chrysler 200, to debut sometime in calendar year 2014, and I also guess the 200 will remain pretty much the same until then.

I know nothing, though.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Sir Moses Wellington said:
They are still selling Lancia, they have just said Lancia as a stand alone brand is gone. It is now a European comany that is going to be moderatly restyled and rebadged Chrysler vehicles.
I just saw this article on the AutoEdizione website, which states that:

[Ralph] Gilles had an important message for Lancisti; “Wait until you see the new 200, your faith in Lancia will be restored.”

Let's hope that's indeed the case.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Well, with the Viper, Ralph made a lot of promises, and he delivered. With the Dart, he didn't make as many promises (relative to its styling). RG seems to be the type of guy that knows how to play to to his audience. He is proven (many times) as an excellent designer, and design chief. So, when he says there is nothing like it in Chrysler's books, I trust him. I don't think there is any vehicle in Chryslers past, recent or distant, that we will be able to look to for clues. I trust, in that it is unique.

So, an new direction? I can't wait. It sounds like, now that the money is flowing again, that F-C, SG, and RG, are going to do things they have been wanting to do, but couldn't.

The warm up laps are over, the tires are hot, and there is a new sponsor that just wrote a huge check. Time to drop the hammer.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Chrysler been through ALOT of design language changes over the years, i duno what a New language would look like.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
" When the ’14 Chrysler 200 launches"

Would that be model or calendar year? What part of the article makes anyone think the Barracuda was dead, I thought it was green lighted not long ago?

1 - 20 of 112 Posts