Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Yea, are you afraid your wife is going to find out you're cheating on her with a classic Mopar?

;-) I couldn't resist, but this is one site you could just leave the account inactive and eventually it will just go away, I can't imagine why anyone would want to go to the effort of getting rid of it.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
The first non FCA vehicle I have to buy will seal my fate on here. After that, there's really no point for me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Keeping in mind old, inactive accounts are eventually deleted regardless...after two years. When I remember.
Hehe, I just proved you wrong there - my account still exists ;)
I still recall being on Allpar back when the site had an address that was, IIRC, something like z.simplenet.com/, in the '90s...

I've been Mopar-free for many years now (just chance, nothing against Chrysler) and I haven't been paying as much attention to the company as I used to... hence my inactivity. I'd nonetheless vote for "don't delete my account"!

·
Registered
74 Posts
BTW, the "random article" feature of the main page is generally nice, but sometimes it can be a bit unfortunate - for example, tonight, one of the featured article was The 2014 Chrysler Five Year Plan

I somewhat figured, "huh, we're only in 2016, so the latter half of that is still relevant, let's take a look out of curiosity"... but then I took a look (new 100, next gen 200, new B-segment Dodge, next gen Dart...) and I clearly thought that such pages should be part of a special "archive" category that is still accessible but outside the reach of the roulette of randomly featured articles!

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
36,170 Posts
I still recall being on Allpar back when the site had an address that was, IIRC, something like z.simplenet.com/, in the '90s...
Wow. That was ... 1996-98, I think. Excellent memory!!

Still, you must have been checking in now and then... you don't have to post to be considered active. Just logging in every two years...

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
I found Allpar back in the early 90's also, (using Windows '95 & dialup) but I was inactive for awhile after '98ish, and only God could remember my username and password when I finally got back to finding the time to be online again. I could never remember what it was after, so I had to start a new one. Lol
I was surprised to find anything "Mopar" online back then, so it had my interest.

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,950 Posts
My first visits to Allpar were around 2000, when a friend of mine at a CPJD dealer in Rosenberg, TX told me that this was the place they all came to for info, when the "corporate guys" wouldn't tell them what was really going on. I think I joined the actual (current) forum around 2002 or 2003.

Reactions: Dave Z

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,147 Posts
My first visits to Allpar were around 2000, when a friend of mine at a CPJD dealer in Rosenberg, TX told me that this was the place they all came to for info, when the "corporate guys" wouldn't tell them what was really going on. I think I joined the actual (current) forum around 2002 or 2003.
You beat me here, might have been before 2000, I am sure 1998 Neon still had a factory shine, wanted hop up advise. It helped a lot. HI!

Reactions: FreeLantz

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
What was it called before Allpar??

I remember another name but not zimplent.

Thanks
Randy

·
Administrator
295 Posts
allpar.com and valiant.org (1998-today)
z.simplenet.com (the hosting service was simplenet)1995-98?
cyberwar.com/~valiant (the dial-up service was cyberwar)- 1994-95?
mordor.com/valiant (the dial-up service was mordor.com) - 1993-94

·
Car Freak
2,089 Posts
I think I joined Allpar back in the early 2000, under a different username. This account is from back in 2004 or 2005 I think.

I stayed inactive for a few years (while I had my Ford...ugh) but back and enjoying reading all the comments.

On edit; June 2003 since I have been using this username.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts