Allpar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the article:

One of the most exciting aspects of the 2021 Ford Bronco was that the Blue Oval would allow customers to build their ideal off-roader their way. On a high level, that meant offering the Sasquatch package on every trim, developing a huge catalog of gear, and adding certain accessories as factory-installed options. But on a more granular level, the Bronco is customizable in a way few vehicles are.

Yes, you can easily take the doors and roof off, but we expected that much of a vehicle aimed at the king of doorless, roofless off-roading, the Jeep Wrangler. With with a little time, knowhow, and a basic socket set, though, you can properly strip the Bronco down. That means yanking the wheel arches, bumper endplates, rock rails, fenders, the grille, and the grille surround.

Full article here:

Watch Us Tear The 2021 Ford Bronco Apart (motor1.com)

·
Super Moderator
37,708 Posts
Bronco is a formidable opponent. I am looking forward to Wrangler (and Gladiator) stepping up to beat the competition.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Bronco is a direct shot at Wrangler....the first serious threat since the Suzuki Samurai

Reactions: serpens

·
Registered
23 Posts
Meh, IMO the Bronco looks like a plastic toy. They were around my area a lot last year as I live in one of the biggest test markets in the nation and they look smallish and hard to see out of.First year sales will be the peak, it's just another T-bird revival from FOMOCO.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Meh, IMO the Bronco looks like a plastic toy. They were around my area a lot last year as I live in one of the biggest test markets in the nation and they look smallish and hard to see out of.First year sales will be the peak, it's just another T-bird revival from FOMOCO.
You are probably confusing the Bronco Sport with the Bronco.

You are entitled to your opinion, but the sales figures will tell the truth in a few years

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
For sure sounds like you saw the sport which is unibody and not the bronco which is bof. The new bronco bof looks like you can see out of it way better than the wrangler and looks more rugged too

·
Registered
192 Posts
Good for Ford. Glad to see some actual thought in a design. I've been hoping for a decent rival for Jeep Wrangler for years. Other than the grill/headlight assembly, it looks like a real nice vehicle. I'd prefer a different engine but ...

·
Registered
23 Posts
For sure sounds like you saw the sport which is unibody and not the bronco which is bof. The new bronco bof looks like you can see out of it way better than the wrangler and looks more rugged too
I think you're correct, I honestly didn't even realize there were two different models. I'm not a big time uni-body hater though, my 2004 JGC overland beat the pants off of every wrangler I've ever wheeled with except in tight areas and parking lots.

·
Jeepaholic
5,855 Posts
With Bob S working on both Bronco and Bronco Sport, i wouldn’t underestimate either of them. It’s a shame that that knowledge and experience couldn’t have been put to use for Jeep instead of Ford, but that unfortunately wasn’t the case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts