Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i parked my car outside in the rain for a couple of days and drivers side floor goes wet. I know this problem is not very rare but still i dont really know where this water passes in.

I once dropped a can of water down the windshield and noticed the water went out the channels where the water is supposed to go out.

I also assumed water to come in side window, but then the door-inside-steplist also shoild be wet-but it not wet there.

The only place carpet is wet in in senter of floor - even not under thottle-pedal. Cant see nothing around t-top either.

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
This is common, and I never found the leak. On my last car, it rotted the floorboard around the 'dead pedal' (footrest). It might be a leak at the cowl where the top of the firewall connects, but I've never gotten in there to find out how to seal it. I never had enough water to cause a puddle, just damp carpet.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah-i also suspect the firewall-area,-but i could not find wetness where carpet goes upwards...strange thing this..

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
Same here, but I never found out where it came from.

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
But A/C condensate leaks onto the passenger side floor, that's where the drain pan is. And the problem is not unique to Chrysler, it's the result of a clogged drain hose. On the Daytona, that's a rubber elbow pointed downward, found underhood on the passenger side firewall. It can be cleared with a few squeezes sometimes, or pulled off and cleaned out. Don't stick sharp objects up in it, that might puncture the evaporator.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Check the cowl drains that are in the door hingle pillars. These can clog with leaves and debris. Water then can back up in the windsheild plenum and leak into the interior.The drain openings are about the size of a business card. You can see them with the door open. To get to them easily remove the front wheels and the plastic fender liner. I'll bet you find a ton of junk in there.

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
Always good to check first. Mine were clear and water flowed out them, but still got damp spots in the carpet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts