Allpar Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
JRS200x said:
Like he said, they haven't had their Dodge franchise very long and may not fully understand the market...
Oh I understand the market....unfortunately ...Not my call, or my decision.....Not an owner....just a hard working sales guy. :(

68RT said:
No dealer sticker will ever be on a vehicle I purchase. License plate holder is OK, but you touch my paint and the deal is gone.
not an unreasonble request....many feel the way you do and many simply dont care. I am sure if you make that request of your dealer there shouldnt be a problem.

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
kdaviper said:
at least you didn't do THIS to it:

Ladies and Gentlemen, introducing the 2013 Criswell Viper!!!

Seriously, this guy needs to stick to selling Mini Vans with plastic interiors.
Oh no we would not. If I spent $150K for a new Viper, that little nameplate would come off or there would be no sale.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
JA Cumbo said:
Oh no we would not. If I spent $150K for a new Viper, that little nameplate would come off or there would be no sale.
Its ridicules that they would even put it on in the first place......

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
We almost sold it lastnight but the customer(who did buy a 2013 SRT Grand Cherokee his 3rd) unfortunately he wanted too much for his trade......Any of you guys want a2007 Ferrari F430 Spider F1 he wants $165k

with 5k miles on it.

·
3,813 Posts
He was going to trade a 430 for a Viper? I love the Viper, but that man needs some help...

That being said, he is way off base with his asking price of $165k.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
JRS200x said:
He was going to trade a 430 for a Viper? I love the Viper, but that man needs some help...

Not really.... you have to understand the man has had the Ferrari for 5 years. People buy these kinds of cars for a lot of different reasons.
Perhaps all of his friends have seen his Ferrari and he no longer gets the stroking to his ego that he got the day he bought it. So now he needs or wants something new " a new look at me ride" ...As for his trade he 's about 20k high but hell.... so are we..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
530 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
Not really.... you have to understand the man has had the Ferrari for 5 years. People buy these kinds of cars for a lot of different reasons.
Perhaps all of his friends have seen his Ferrari and he no longer gets the stroking to his ego that he got the day he bought it. So now he needs or wants something new " a new look at me ride" ...As for his trade he 's about 20k high but hell.... so are we..... :rolleyes:
Having never owned (and probably never will) own a car costing anywhere near that much money, how does a dealership re-sell a Ferrari? I mean, you wouldn't put it out on the used car lot... I wouldn't imagine that it would go to a normal auction either.

·
3,813 Posts
In that type of situation, at least with our dealership, we call the local (nearby) Ferrari and/or luxury car dealer, someone that deals in that type of vehicle, and ask what they would buy it for from us, then we offer the customer slightly less than that. We do the same thing when people want to trade in boats etc. (it happens more than you might think)

·
Registered
530 Posts
JRS200x said:
In that type of situation, at least with our dealership, we call the local (nearby) Ferrari and/or luxury car dealer, someone that deals in that type of vehicle, and ask what they would buy it for from us, then we offer the customer slightly less than that. We do the same thing when people want to trade in boats etc. (it happens more than you might think)
Very interesting. Thanks for that. One of the local Cadillac dealerships takes all sorts of things in on trade... they had a horse trailer sitting on their lot for a couple months last year.

·
Registered
386 Posts
JRS200x said:
I got rid of my Aprilia RSV4 for my ABARTH... worked out perfectly.

·
3,813 Posts
Yeah, we will at least look into trading anything. I have traded a boat, a trailer, property once... its astonishing sometimes what people want to trade in, and even more shocking what they think its worth.

Most expensive car we've ever taken in was a Bentley Continental, we didn't keep that around, already had a buyer for it before we took it in. Sent it to a high end car dealership.

BigDaddySRT said:
I got rid of my Aprilia RSV4 for my ABARTH... worked out perfectly.
Bikes are a pretty common trade... never fun insulting Harley owners though... They all like to think their bikes with all their customizing are worth a TON of money...

·
Registered
530 Posts
JRS200x said:
Yeah, we will at least look into trading anything. I have traded a boat, a trailer, property once... its astonishing sometimes what people want to trade in, and even more shocking what they think its worth.

Most expensive car we've ever taken in was a Bentley Continental, we didn't keep that around, already had a buyer for it before we took it in. Sent it to a high end car dealership.

Bikes are a pretty common trade... never fun insulting Harley owners though... They all like to think their bikes with all their customizing are worth a TON of money...
Everyone expects you to give them what it may be worth. Worth is a nebulous term, however. The property (whether its a boat or land) is worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay. Y'all also have to make money on the sale since you are giving them a convinient option for getting rid of the property... I wish more people understood that.

·
Registered
386 Posts
JRS200x said:

I dealt with the Sales Manager Directly... it's the easiest "Trade In" I have ever experienced.

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
JRS200x said:

Sounded like he was wanting to get a new Viper for almost nothing by asking that much for trade.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
JRS200x said:
Did a man named Kramer ever try to trade you a t-shirt for a car?

41 - 56 of 56 Posts