Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I logged onto the Forum yet it said I needed to post my nic and password..............never mind my user name (Bearhawke) was already atop that page along with some 'Moderator only' links which is fine since I'm an assistant mod.

I hit Refresh and got that same page; backed out to the Allpar home page then clicked on the 'Forum' link again, everything now seems to be OK.

·
Premium Member
20,078 Posts
I always enjoy coming up on the site, wondering what changes are in store each time. I know hackers and spammers are a biggie, (moderator on another site), the fun is the search to find the new Forums button to click on. Thanks Dave for all the work you and your team does.

·
Moderator/Lead Reporter - Motorsports News Section
10,011 Posts
I just found that by updating my browsers is how you get rid of the generic looking format on the threads. Apparently Allpar can no longer support any older versions. Just installed Google Chrome v.27.0 & Firefox v.21.0 and all works fine now.

Anything older than this Allpar will not support & you may get a generic looking forum thread which you can't add a comment to.

·
Registered
181 Posts
What's with that teal bar at the top? I'm not an art school graduate, but even I can tell you that clashes with the blue in the theme.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
moparbob said:
I just found that by updating my browsers is how you get rid of the generic looking format on the threads. Apparently Allpar can no longer support any older versions. Just installed Google Chrome v.27.0 & Firefox v.21.0 and all works fine now.

Anything older than this Allpar will not support & you may get a generic looking forum thread which you can't add a comment to.
Older browsers tend to also be insecure.

Having said that, we do understand there are a few folks that don't have the option to update or install a newer browser.

·
Registered
181 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
The point is to REALLY REALLY STAND OUT
If I got naked and walked down the street, I would stand out. That doesn't mean people would want to look at me...

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Whether THEY want to look at you isn't the point - it's because YOU want people to look at YOU. And that's creepy, so just stop. ;)

Always open to suggestions on how to encourage folks to see more of what Allpar has to offer.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Always open to suggestions on how to encourage folks to see more of what Allpar has to offer.
How about almost anything other than a gaudy, aesthetically-abhorrent toolbar? Note: Adobe Flash-based animations that induce epilepsy may or may not be better.

And that's creepy, so just stop.
I feel the same way about a teal bar on a blue-themed forum. It makes me shudder... (full disclosure: I'm not a full discloser in public, so you can relax)

·
Administrator
35,284 Posts
Well, I could use some css assistance for the header area in general. I'd ideally like to integrate the teal menu bar item with some other stuff while still making it obvious.

I assume bright red would not satisfy you. Perhaps you could suggest a shade that draws attention but doesn't “clash.”

·
Super Moderator
36,933 Posts
Ok - here's a new one for me. When I open any topic, an "Only secure content is displayed" message is displayed at the bottom of the screen. Until I hit the "Show all content" button I cannot reply to the topic.

This ia a Windows 7 machine with IE9. This just started in the past couple of days. I don't think anything changed on my end, but you never know.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for changing the bar. Much better...

·
Super Moderator
36,933 Posts
valiant67, you're hitting the forums via an ssl link. If you have a bookmark, change it from https to http

Otehrwise if you come in from a link, let me know which one...

It could be a history thing, too.
Not sure, but the issue has gone away. I always got to the forums by going to allpar.com and then using the menu at the top to get to the forums.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts