Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like a minor issue until you need one. My '90 LeBaron Sedan has the "wet arm" washer nozzles on the wiper arms. One is broken and one is missing. The rest are really fragile from sun damage. Has anyone ever found these for sale? I've searched quite a bit and got close with this on Amazon but it's not quite right. I managed to find the correct size replacement tubing which, oddly enough, wasn't stocked locally. Other than looking for some that aren't equally rotten in a junk yard, does anyone know where to look?

Image of one of the existing nozzles.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
32,423 Posts
I've had this problem and luckily scavenged them from my last car. The issue is that the nozzles freeze and crack - the hoses between them are fine. I've seen them on Bay for over $40 a set.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I would go to the junkyard and pull all of them that you can find. I got two sets for free because they're "worthless" according to the junkyard owner. The plastic is really fragile, and more than likely, a few of them will be junk, but if you can get a bunch, chances are, you'll get at least one good set.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Dormon kit is interesting, and I believe I actually wrote them at one time to see if they made one to go with my model, but never heard back. Failing any other solution, I think I'll go the junkyard route and then fall back on the Dorman kit if necessary. It's possible it can be adapted. For what it's worth, here is the correct tubing kit for that model. It has enough of both sizes to replace all the tubing associated with the wet arm assembly. As others mentioned, these things are pretty brittle so be careful if you ever remove them.

Thanks for the advice as always. I think this is probably it as I've been looking a long time myself, but I'll keep checking just in case. If I do go to the junkyard, I'll try to get extras.

·
Super Moderator
32,423 Posts
You are lucky if you live in an area that has any Mopar more than 10 years old in the junkyard - none near me. They all got crushed a few years ago when the scrap metal prices were high.

·
Registered
747 Posts
The tubing on my Spirit went bad several years ago. I removed the wiper arm tubing from the stationary nozzle on the cowl, gently used needle nosed plyers to "aim" the nozzles onto the wiping area. I have not had any problems cleaning the windshield. Maybe that might work for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts