Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that I could put 265/70/17 i have new Contentials 235/65/17 on the front but i do not like the way any of the tires look like on the rear becausr there is too much room between the top of the tire and the bottom of the wheel well.

since i have 235/65/17 's on the front what will be the consequencs of putting 265 70 17's on the back. I have touring suspension with load leveling.

·
Super Moderator
21,684 Posts
Mismatched tire sizes would not be good for the wheel speed sensors reading different front-to-rear tire speeds. It may engage the ABS during stops on dry pavement because the computer might think that a couple of tires are slipping? Tire circumferences/diameters should be kept fairly equal.

·
Virginia Gentleman
15,000 Posts
+1! If you do change tire size, change all of them to the same size. Bear in mind it is advisable to have the pinion ratio changed in the PCM/TCM otherwise the speedometer will display a lower speed than what you're actually traveling at.

For example, I went from P245/70/17's to P265/70/17's on my Ram. I did not have the pinion ratio adjusted so when the speedometer indicated 55 mph, it's actually 58 mph. I verified this with my GPS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts