Votes: 9 52.9%
  • What other PT's???

Votes: 2 11.8%
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do when you see other PT's? I wave, and I mostly get confused waves back. When I drive my wrangler and wave to others, I get eager waves back and that is the same when riding with a friend in his MINI cooper. I guess other PT drivers are just not as exited about their cars as I am.

·
Registered
306 Posts
What do you do when you see other PT's? I wave, and I mostly get confused waves back. When I drive my wrangler and wave to others, I get eager waves back and that is the same when riding with a friend in his MINI cooper. I guess other PT drivers are just not as exited about their cars as I am.
okay i voted false, when i actually do look at other PTs when they past but they never seem to be..as enthusiastic as i am. ive had mines for over 2 years and i still cant stop looking at it, especially since i had some aftermarket fun done to it. so actually, i did answer your poll correctly, "what other PTs?"

·
I'm so far behind I thought I was in first place.
4,810 Posts
I admit, I'm big on the 'guy nod' ;) Oh, and a smile too.

H

·
0 Posts
When I actually get to drive ours, I tend to just nod at other drivers. Since ours is stock so far, we don't get alot of looks as there are several PTs in our area, with at least two just like ours. Since stock is never as good as modified, I look forward to tinkering a bit!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ahhhh, the good old days. For the first couple of years PT people always waved and/or flashed lights. Nowadays if you do it people look at you like you are weird.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I read the other day somewhere that since the Cruisers was launched over here only 3000 were sold. So I may see one PT other than my own a day. I used to get very excited and flash and go mad. Did not get the same response from other drivers so I just nod at them these days.

I must confess the following. Before I had mine I used to make "orgasm" sounds each time I saw one. It irrated my wife so much that when I had to replace my pick-up she would not let me buy any other car. I love it when a plan comes together!

M

·
0 Posts
I mostly GRIN 'cause we are takin' over the world, or at least the streets. :lol:
I have ELECTRIC BLUE so when I see one that color I try to see how claose a match it is to mine.
Most can be spotted as non-twins even when driving.
m-tw

·
Registered
596 Posts
Its kind of sad these days, the way people are when driving. It used to be a simple wave and smile was cool and all. And people did it more often. Now everyone wants to give you the finger or shoot you when you aknowledge them. :-(

·
4,810 Posts
I mostly GRIN 'cause we are takin' over the world, or at least the streets. :lol:
I have ELECTRIC BLUE so when I see one that color I try to see how claose a match it is to mine.
Most can be spotted as non-twins even when driving.
m-tw
I parked next to another Plum '05, a base model, not too long ago. Couldn't resist....

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I sometimes go out of my way to park next to another PT, even if it is out in the stix at Home Depot. I have found that doing a peace sign (no I did not grow up in the 70's) goes over well with other PT drivers, or it has worked the last few days... we will see how long it last

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello!
I usually try to wave or smile, I was told when I bought the car that most cruiser owners give each other a wave. Or I'll beep when I pass 'em on the left because I can't help it. Hey, I drove a 95 Neon for over 11 years. Mine is a basic Cruiser but I did put on vent shades and silver door protector trim stuff. Looks very cool, its a shiny black PT. Next is darkening up the winders. Is anyone else super anal about people parking next to them? I sure am getting my exercise at the supermarket! :rolleyes: tattoo

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wave or nod, and so far after a year, no one has reciprocated. I don't care. I still go crazy every time I look at mine. I'm such a crackpot about it. Two days after I made them buyback my first one under the Lemon Law, I drove 200 miles to buy another identical one. Thankfully, its been perfect. I took a lot of abuse over that move. When I drive my 6Pack Duster, everyone waves at me.

O

·
0 Posts
I`ll give the nod or or a small wave to modded ones. Those drivers seem to be more into their cars. Stock ones don`t really wave back and a lot of them around here are rentals.

B

·
0 Posts
It seems as if no one here in the Indy area has too much enthusiasm, I've tried waving, nodding but no one is even looking. I notice and look at EVERY othe PT I see on the road. Yes, I am super anal about parking, and will park out further or anywhere where there can only be one other vechicle beside mine. :p

E

·
0 Posts
I have tried to acknowledge another pt owner, but as others have pointed out, they are in their own world. Many are on the phone and have no idea where they are at any given moment :D As for parking, I also park as far as possible from any other vehicle. I have personally witnessed folks open their car door and kick it against another vehicle to keep it open :angry: . I have NEVER dented a vehicle parked next to me. I don't care if the vehicle has a value of $1.00, it all comes down to respect. The vehicle means something to someone. I consider myself fortunate to own my pt convertible and have learned to be very vigilant the moment it leaves my garage into the public domain........sad :(

·
4,810 Posts
I have tried to acknowledge another pt owner, but as others have pointed out, they are in their own world. Many are on the phone and have no idea where they are at any given moment :D As for parking, I also park as far as possible from any other vehicle. I have personally witnessed folks open their car door and kick it against another vehicle to keep it open :angry: . I have NEVER dented a vehicle parked next to me. I don't care if the vehicle has a value of $1.00, it all comes down to respect. The vehicle means something to someone. I consider myself fortunate to own my pt convertible and have learned to be very vigilant the moment it leaves my garage into the public domain........sad :(
I attempt to do that as much as possible too. Hasn't worked, I've got three significant dings in the drivers side rear door that I will have to have fixed at some point. Took over six months for it to happen though; when I bought the Neon it took only 2 weeks before I had my first ding.

·
Registered
306 Posts
:blink: So glad to hear I am not the only anal "lets park way over there" person on this forum!! tattoo :lol:
you kidding me, im the same way. AND i really dont care if im with alot of people, i make them walk coz i park so far. :)

unfortunately i got my first ding the first week i got my PT, even though i parked far. someone mentioned 'respect peoples property' and let me tell you guys a confession. i parked on the street once and was having a cup of cofee in the morning, i look out the window and some girl decides to park behind me, but instead of being 'respectful', she 'taps' her front bumper into my rear to insure that she 'fits' in the parking spot. she's see's me, i see her, and no gesture of apology, she just walks away. i go outside, and she left a small half bolt ding into my smoothy after market bumper. i could have dinged her car back with my foot but instead i folded her front plate like a creased burrito. hey at least i didnt damage metal. anyways the moral of the story. our PTz arent safe no matter waht precaution. and respect peoples property. seems simple but it aint.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When ever I park far far away, I always come back to find a Junker parked right next to me... There are a million other parking spaces, why park next to me?!? I just dont get it

1 - 20 of 71 Posts