Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
My Challenger is actually at a body shop for a door ding right now... someone doored me hard enough to leave a nickel-size dent on the body-side crease right by the driver's door handle, removing clearcoat and color coat. I could maybe have lived with it if the blankety-blank hadn't removed paint. I park far away whenever I can, but at work there are currently about 15 more parking-lot users than there are places to park these days.

I went back & forth on fixing it but finally decided I was going to get sick of looking at that spot every time I climb in. Plus I'm having them fix a scratch that I caused with the jack handle on the quarter panel, for only about 25% more $$ than the door repair alone.

·
Registered
847 Posts
@deltadart1, it did take paint for the repairs on my car. The @#($*&%&-inflicted doording and my self-inflicted scratch were both down to primer and/or base metal. They color painted the repaired areas and blended color paint onto adjacent panels where necessary, then sprayed clearcoat on the entire surface of panels that were either repaired or had to be blended.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.