Allpar Forums banner

What is this broken cast bracket the holds the throttle body called?

2339 7
2003 PT Cruiser Touring Edition. Replaced the Spark plugs (amongst other things) and notice this cast bracket that the throttle body is bolted. (SEE PHOTOS) This bracket is NOT where the throttle cables mount, but on the opposite side.

1) What's its name / part#?
2) Where can I find one?
3) Can it be repaired with some compound? ...or Is this going to be another salvage yard excursion to get one?

I would love to know what it is referred to as by name so I can hunt it down online if possible. Any links would also be much appreciated.

Thanks, Community!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

This is a post that I found on PTCL from Handy_Cruiser (he's also a member on this forum) and I believe this is the bracket you are referring to:

According to the PTCL thread from 08/17, the bracket was discontinued back then.

But I found that Vintage Parts has (1) in stock and $35 ain't a bad price, especially since you need one and probably don't want to go salvage yard scrounging.

But something else I saw in the pics you posted is that your PT is missing one of the bolts that holds in the cam sensor (red arrow). I hope the missing bolt is not broken off in the hole?

Also at your upper yellow arrow that hose is probably split as I see electrical tape and a clamp.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
16,965 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum :)

This is a post that I found on PTCL from Handy_Cruiser (he's also a member on this forum) and I believe this is the bracket you are referring to:

According to the PTCL thread from 08/17, the bracket was discontinued back then.

But I found that Vintage Parts has (1) in stock and $35 ain't a bad price, especially since you need one and probably don't want to go salvage yard scrounging.

But something else I saw in the pics you posted is that your PT is missing one of the bolts that holds in the cam sensor (red arrow). I hope the missing bolt is not broken off in the hole?

Also at your upper yellow arrow that hose is probably split as I see the electrical tape and a clamp.
Great Observation. I have replacement parts for both. There were lots of "1 bolt missing? on this PT. Apparently, the previous owner had loose screws. LOL

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
I have pulled numerous parts off PT's over the years and have never seen one of these brackets broken. I wonder what caused that? But, yeah, junkyard will be your best friend for that.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. Be careful here. The 4891407AD fits 2004-2010 PT Cruisers:

The 4891407AC fits 2002-2003 PT Cruisers (it shows as a discontinued part). Try ebay or other vendors?:
Thanks for catching that ;)

I didn't think to check fitment because my Gen2 does not have that bracket, and from the info I can find, it was discontinued for the Gen2 and I cannot find any pics of a Gen2 NA that has that bracket in place.

This is from my PT and that bracket is not there, and I am the original owner. There is another bracket on the back of the intake manifold down to the block that is providing support, but nothing on this side of the throttle body.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Here's one listed on eBay. They have the nomenclature something different, but you can clearly see in the pic that it is part # 4891407AC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.