Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Virginia Gentleman
16,372 Posts
Allan, if my memory serves, the OP has a 2011 Grand Caravan.

I agree with Imperial. Diagnose the problem instead of bypassing it (if even possible) or using a Band-Aid.

·
Virginia Gentleman
16,372 Posts
The root cause I suspect is in the controls. If coolant temp increases over 210 and the air conditioner is on, the high speed fan control circuit should activate. If it does not activate then the coolant temperature rises still up to 230 at which point, I have to kill the engine and let it cool off. You see a little over a year ago, Dodge told me that they replaced the TIPM, but when I had so much focus on the TIPM this year, I noticed that there was a yellow mark, highlighter swiped across a relay inside the TIPM. I discovered that the relay that was marked is the same relay that Dodge told me that they replaced the TIPM because of. WOW bad sentence. Anyway, I do not believe they actually replaced the TIPM rather they replaced the starter relay itself.. ALthough replacing the TIPM,since I paid 1205.00 to have done would have prevented possibly the issue I am having now. I intend to prove that the PCM is not telling the high speed fan to come on before I install a switch.
I'm a little confused. Did the dealer charge you to replace the TIPM and not actually replace it? Or are you saying they charged you for replacing the relay and didn't actually replace it.

I know I'd be pissed either way.

·
Virginia Gentleman
16,372 Posts
Do you know what code scanner in particular can read historical codes because every time I go to Autozone they also say that the check engine light has to be on
That may be store policy. (Stupid one if you ask me). Code readers can be used to check for codes even if the check engine light is not on. As previously posted, there may be historical or "soft" codes where a fault code was recorded but it was not enough to turn on the check engine light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.