Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
A 2006 PT with a TIPM may be a little different. Set the vent controls to the left positions. Put the heater fan on medium. Turn the temp control full left {blue side}. With a cold car engine, start the car, and push the AC button [if req'd]. It should light up telling you your AC is on. You should hear the AC compressor clutch kick in. After a few or several seconds the radiator fan should turn onto high speed. When the AC is turned on, the high and low pressure switches send messages to the computer which send messages to the TIPM which energize the coil side of the HI fan or LO fan relays.

With the AC off, the fan is controlled by coolant temp.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Taxi; Try the "test" I gave you in post # 17. If your AC control system is working properly, the fan WILL come on within 30 seconds.

To add; the radiator fan turns on for 3 reasons.
1-- the tranny temp gets too hot.
2-- the AC is turned on.
3-- the engine coolant temp reaches a certain temp.

The AC compressor clutch and the radiator fan are controlled by both the high pressure switch and by the low pressure switch of the AC system. These switches have had problems for others. Also, check wiring and connectors.

I am assuming the PT system is similar to yours. I tried to download the 2011 wiring diagram, but it locked up my computer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.