Allpar Forums banner

121 - 140 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
My error, guys. I got my info from a buddy that works for a huge insurance company in Alabama. I'll have to question him about this. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is about as random as you can get. This makes me mad among a few hundred other things.

I refer to football as college, I left pro football ( you know who) years ago. So when you have off-setting penalties the two teams suffer no affect. Unless one team say scores a TD or the other intercepts the ball but mostly nothing happens just play on it was just off setting. All other penalties carry punishment but not this one. So why can't both offending players sit out the next play or two or three? Just asking.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,671 Posts
This is about as random as you can get. This makes me mad among a few hundred other things.

I refer to football as college, I left pro football ( you know who) years ago. So when you have off-setting penalties the two teams suffer no affect. Unless one team say scores a TD or the other intercepts the ball but mostly nothing happens just play on it was just off setting. All other penalties carry punishment but not this one. So why can't both offending players sit out the next play or two or three? Just asking.
Unless one or both of the penalties are a personal foul (15 yard penalty) for something such as helmet-to-helmet, face mask or late hit, I don't see the point in penalizing the player for a few plays. And then what if one penalty is only 5 yards and the other is 10 yards or more? How do you balance it out if both are to be assessed on the player(s)?

I have often thought a personal foul should come with a "2 minute" time out like hockey does. But the players union would fight it. Amazingly, I have seen a few players "disqualified" for helmet-to-helmet" hits.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Well, I never thought that I would have a car for so long that I couldn't get parts for it. :eek:

The insurance estimate to fix the keying damage is almost $1000

My insurance company has already paid me for their portion, and I would be out my deductible. That's all fine and dandy, but the Chrysler winged emblem and handle assembly needs to be replaced because it also got scratched during the vandalism. And that's all fine and dandy, but the part # the insurance company put on their estimate is no longer available, anywhere in the country! :eek:

I've been in touch with my body shop and told them to try and order the handle, but I bet they won't ever get it.

I've looked on ebay for some good used ones, but nothing available. I found one on ebay in Canada and it's a possibility, and it would have to be painted. I may have to make a trip to my local salvage yards to see what they have available.

I've owned this car for 14 years now, the longest I've ever owned a single vehicle, and It's served me well and is still in great condition. But now it's becoming an "antique" because of the lack of available parts. :D:p

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Is the scratch so deep that neither rubbing or polishing compound won't take it out, Rick? That's a crying shame. Wouldn't you like to know who did it and get your hands on them?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Is the scratch so deep that neither rubbing or polishing compound won't take it out, Rick? That's a crying shame. Wouldn't you like to know who did it and get your hands on them?
They're too deep to buff out, they're down to primer. I have a suspect, I think it's some drug-selling neighbors of mine that I reported to management.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Hmmmm, sounds intentional to me, then. I guess that's their way of "getting even" rather than face you man to man.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Hmmmm, sounds intentional to me, then. I guess that's their way of "getting even" rather than face you man to man.
If they want to deal, they can do it somewhere else from where we all live. It began to get pretty obvious that something was "going on" especially when every day there was this endless line of their "customers" coming onto the property and either the female would come out to the parking lot, "talk" to them for a few minutes and then both parties part their ways. Or the "customer" would come up to their apartment and retrieve their "package" and I always wondered why their door mat was like this (corner turned up). And right out my patio door I can see all the strange vehicles come onto the property and all the strangers walking up to their apartment. ;)

When I brought it up to the apartment management, I was more pissed with them because they would never fix the security gates around the apartment, so everyone and anyone has free access onto the property. When I first moved here, 8 years ago, the gated community was one of the main reasons, and the management then always kept everything working. Then a couple of years ago, after new management took over, they don't fix anything but they get their rent $ every month.

If the management had fixed the security gates, these tenants might still be able to "deal" but it would make it harder for their "customers" to come by and get their stuff. ;)

But a few weeks ago, I noticed one of the apartment maintenance guys was working in their apartment, and he may have noticed something and maybe the management did say something to the tenants. Because in about the last month, I have seen 0 of their "customers" coming by their apartment, and their door mat has never been turned up since. So if their "supplemental income" has dried up, that could also be a motive to damage my vehicle, especially if the management shared with them the pics that I had sent them. ;)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Well, I never thought that I would have a car for so long that I couldn't get parts for it. :eek:

The insurance estimate to fix the keying damage is almost $1000

My insurance company has already paid me for their portion, and I would be out my deductible. That's all fine and dandy, but the Chrysler winged emblem and handle assembly needs to be replaced because it also got scratched during the vandalism. And that's all fine and dandy, but the part # the insurance company put on their estimate is no longer available, anywhere in the country! :eek:

I've been in touch with my body shop and told them to try and order the handle, but I bet they won't ever get it.

I've looked on ebay for some good used ones, but nothing available. I found one on ebay in Canada and it's a possibility, and it would have to be painted. I may have to make a trip to my local salvage yards to see what they have available.

I've owned this car for 14 years now, the longest I've ever owned a single vehicle, and It's served me well and is still in great condition. But now it's becoming an "antique" because of the lack of available parts. :D:p
Battle scar. Yeah, you're probably going to have to either look in salvage yards or find someone who can restore it. Emblem, Badge, Insignia, Nameplate and Trim Restoration (at https://m.roadkillcustoms.com/emblem-badge-insignia-nameplate-restoration/ )

Emblemagic Classic Car Emblems and Badges - antique cloisonne badges and plastic insert emblems our two specialties (at https://emblemagic.com/ )

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Thanks for the links, but the first link appears to be best at restoring actual metal emblems, which would mostly be from older, vintage cars.

The second link appears to not be taking in any new work, but working on selling off their business, probably due to the pandemic.

One main issue is the emblem on my PT is basically chromed plastic, and probably not suitable for any kind of restoration, other than maybe painting with some kind of chrome spray paint, but the Chrysler insignia in the center would still be scratched.

But I may have gotten lucky and found one in excellent condition on Ebay. Even though it's from a convertible, according to the seller the emblems on the 'vert and hatchback are the same, except they added the touchpad switch for the hatchback. I can add a switch the 'vert handle, as I did that to my present handle when the touchpad switch failed on it.

So I should have this one in a couple of days, and as long as it's the same length, I should be ok. All the mounting pins and studs are intact, and the clips around the cup holder are in place ;)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Bigger point was there's probably someone who can resolve your problem. How much it will cost is usually the biggest obstacle. I just did a web search and found the first, which had the second on it, IIRC.

Reactions: 06PTElectricBlue

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,671 Posts
...or properly aim them, and not use bad/poorly designed aftermarket bulbs.
I have begun to dislike the newer HID headlights - especially the ones that are a pure white, almost blue lights. Many times it seems like they are the hi beams.

Part of it is I suspect I may have cataracts developing in my right eye. Need to get to an eye doctor soon. Yes, I am that old.

121 - 140 of 168 Posts