Allpar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11,099 Posts
capev86 said:
you can buy synthetic oil (even Mobil ) at Walmart real cheap. I use (walmart) Supertech Synthetic 5w-30 in my daily drivers and Mobil 1 10w-30 in my 72 Suburban with original 307. I'd rather do the job myself and put the $$$ I save towards better oil. I only use conventional dino juice in a vehicle that is one step away from the grave or the engine is burning oil like crazy. i don't bother with that Lucas oil, but i recommend a bottle of ZDDP additive in older engines running a slider cam (that includes all 2.2/2.5's before 1988) because modern oils don't have the quantity of zinc they once did since roller cams have so much less friction. a good idea long term would be to upgrade your camshaft.
NAPA autoparts stores is running a special on their brand of synthetic oil until the end of April 2013. You get 5 quarts of syntheic oil (you name the weight) plus an oil filter for $19.99 + tax. It is a pretty good deal. I had them order some 0W-20 for my RAV4 (factory spec) and some 10W-30 for the 96 mini, 3.0 with 218,000 on it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.