Allpar Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Got parts?
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right forum for this inquiry:

I have a 3-row radiator from a '74 Dart Swinger with a 318 and air conditioning that won't fit my '84 D100 with a 318 and air conditioning. The radiator itself looks the same, but the bolt holes won't line up because the brackets are different. It's in good shape, and should work in a vehicle that needs a radiator. The question is, what other vehicles qualify? I think it will fit the '73 through '76 Darts and Valiants, including the Dusters and Demons. But I don't think it will work in the mid-sized or larger cars of that vintage, or the earlier Darts. I'm not sure about the later Aspen/Volare or Diplomat/LeBaron models. I also don't know if it will work with a 225, 340 or 360 engine.

The O'Reilly part # for the radiator is 433499; the Napa part # is NR 3306.

·
Got parts?
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've been asking around, and apparently this radiator only works in the '73 through '76 Dart/Valiant group with V8 engines, including Dusters and Dart Sports, but not Challengers and Barracudas. The Spectra Premium # is CU499. The next generation is CU500, which will work in the Aspen/Volare and Diplomat/LeBaron models during the 1970s, and the Cordoba/Mirada and Fifth Avenue/Diplomat/Gran Fury models during the 1980s, but only with V8 engines. I think the radiators are the same, but the brackets are different. My truck's number is CU959, which will work with V8 pick-ups from 1979 through 1993. Again, the only difference seems to be the brackets.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts