Allpar Forums banner

What Radio Do You Have In Your Truck?

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  BlackSheep01 
I have a 1992 Ramcharger in need of a radio update (factory unit in place is ... tired) and a 1997 pickup in which the ebay-score replacement OEM unit is also wearing down (like much of the rest of that truck).
If what I want is an update to something similar to a 2013 T&C in-dash / backup camera view / HD radio, what do I need to add to this Alpine unit? Have known and loved their sound systems since the 1970s.

In 1986 my kid brother borrowed my 1981 Ram 150 318 4x2 shortbed standard. He flipped it end-over-end off an overpass on the far side of Texas via I-20 from where
we were working, trying to get to his Texas National Guard meeting (long story short: gas money we had, bus ticket money we did not) and put the rear bumper down over
the top of the cab. His battle buddy was thrown out of the truck, which then rolled over on (and, thankfully, off again) him. By the time my dad got there -- several hours
after the wreck, with the truck now in a salvage yard thanks to the state -- the Alpine radio in the truck was gone. So were the four speakers in the doors. (Half the value of
the truck, I figure.) I miss that truck, still; and that radio, too. I think based on the supplier code the radio in my '97 may be the Alpine version of the Infinity. No CD, though.
I use the cassette adapter to play podcasts from an Android phone. Sounds better than anything I've got in the house, even....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.