Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to replace the ECM in my '92 Regency Elite and came across this part rattling around nearby. Yes, it was rattling around, so to speak: it's plugged in, but not secured. It's a black plastic box a bit bigger than a cigarette pack. Maybe I didn't try hard enough, but Google wasn't much help.

United Technologies Automotive, Made in USA (
) Model/FCC ID #ABO9362R.

View attachment 2873

·
Super Moderator
31,982 Posts
Probably aftermarket, maybe an anti-theft system.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Doesn't come up in an FCC database search... Are you sure that you got all of the digits in the code right?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob Lincoln said:
Probably aftermarket, maybe an anti-theft system.
I was wondering if it's the "pass-key" computer the reads the chip on the ignition key.

TWX said:
Doesn't come up in an FCC database search... Are you sure that you got all of the digits in the code right?
Maybe that's why I had no luck with Google, either. I'll double-check. Thanx.

·
Super Moderator
31,982 Posts
The picture is too out-of-focus to read, but it doesn't look like 9362R to me.

The ABO comes back to General Motors, though.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Remote start module?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bob Lincoln said:
The picture is too out-of-focus to read, but it doesn't look like 9362R to me.

The ABO comes back to General Motors, though.
The old saying "haste makes waste" is true: I got hasty and the picture is wasty. Note to self: don't use MS Office Picture Manager's "compress photo" utility because it wrecks resolution - and use a better camera to photograph car parts for Internet posts. :closedeyes:
I double-checked the code and oops...nowhere close. It's 0302R. I just did some "Googling" and right away came up with a GM keyless entry box. The "R" stands for receiver and the transmitter would have a matching set of digits with "T" for transmitter. I bought the car well-used and it didn't come with the transmitter.

Bob and TWX, thank you. It turns out that the solution to my problem came not directly from an answer, but your questions! :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts