Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an estate sale in my area and they have a 57, 58, and 59 Imperials, asking $3500 for each. They were listed on Craigslist as all running and have the titles. When I viewed them however, only the 1959 is really running and is the most complete. It starts, runs, transmission goes forward and reverse, brakes don't work however. Bubbling around all four fenders, one has rusted through. Interior is pretty shot, doesn't look like much is salvageable, trunk to me looked solid. It comes with a replacement brake booster, window for one that is shattered, and an extra radio.

Looking for a fixer upper to become a weekend car, not looking to restore 100% Would this Imperial be too much to repair in your opinion? $3500 seemed a bit much to me seeing the condition, what do you think it is worth and could I make my money back by either selling it or parting it out if things don't go my way? I love big boats but the oldest cars I've dealt with are 70's and going back another 20 years seems like a whole 'nother animal. Thanks! Have more pictures but I don't want to dump all of them in the first post.

·
Premium Member
20,080 Posts
It all depends on what your level of knowledge of cars is and how much of a project you want. I think it would be a worthwhile project that would be quite a bit of work, but running is a big plus, and the 392 Hemi (I believe that is the correct engine), worth the time and money, Imperials were pretty classy back then, brakes can be fixed, interiors replaced, bubbles and sheetmetal holes fixed correctly.

·
Premium Member
20,080 Posts
Missed it by a year for the last 392 Hemi. 413 is still a very good engine, so you still couldn't go wrong with that.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Where are these cars? The '59 is my favorite year. Keep us informed on progress.

Mike

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
mpgmike said:
Where are these cars? The '59 is my favorite year. Keep us informed on progress.

Mike
A whole lot of Imperials went bye bye in demolition derbies as they had an extra strong back end and did quite well in those Derbies. I really hated to see them used that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts