Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whatever happened to the original Electronic Voice Alert -- which used the same Texas Instruments LPC sound chip used in that company's popular Speak & Spell toy -- that was used in select 1983-88 Chrysler and Dodge cars?
(as installed in this 1983 Chrysler LeBaron Town & Country wagon)

I understand how annoying it was in the first year it was installed; 1984 and later models allowed the operator to turn it off via a switch inside the glove box (although they were usually encouraged to take the car to their nearest dealer to do so for liability reasons).

But, why did Chrysler stop offering the original EVA after the end of the 1988 model year?

~Ben

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I wonder what year Chrysler replaced "A door is ajar" with "Please close your driver/passenger door"? This at least applied to the EVA in the Chrysler Laser and Dodge Daytona, but I believe the K-cars still had the older EVA with "A door is ajar" through 1988.

This 1985 Chrysler Laser has the version of the EVA which says "Please close your driver/passenger door" but, again, I am sure that different message applied only to the EVA used in this and the Dodge Daytona.

~Ben

1 - 2 of 2 Posts