Allpar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have too many projects and have to let one of them go. I was wondering if someone could please give me their opinions on the value of the one that has to go. It's a 1975 Plymouth Valiant Custom. It's an original 4dr 4 speed with a 318. It's a one owner with 46,000 miles. It still runs and drives great and overall is in pretty good shape. Below is a link to all the pictures I have of it. Thanks in advance.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thewatergoblin/

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Where is this located at?

I ask because what I see going against you are four doors, which are generally not as popular, and rust in the rockers and trunk.

However, I am from Arizona, and it's not uncommon for cars originally from here, from inland southern California, or from New Mexico or parts of Texas that end up here to have no rust other than some mild surface oxidation where the paint wore away.

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
If you find the right buyer, it can be worth several thousand dollars. It's rare to see a factory 4-speed manual in a 4-dr Valiant, and I would hope that it is kept that way. Probably is capable of 23-25 mpg highway if tuned properly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I sure hope whoever gets it keeps it original too. I really hate to see an old survivor get butchered up.

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
thewatergoblin said:
Thanks for the replies. I sure hope whoever gets it keeps it original too. I really hate to see an old survivor get butchered up.
As the others stated: that car (unless it's in really bad shape, especially rust wise) deserves to live and maybe be restored as well.

You may be wise putting that sedan on eBay as well.

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
If it was a 2-dr you would probably be looking at some decent coin...maybe $2-3000+. As a 4-dr it's more of a curiousity and worth substantially less.

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
Cudapete said:
If it was a 2-dr you would probably be looking at some decent coin...maybe $2-3000+. As a 4-dr it's more of a curiousity and worth substantially less.
I have to agree due to the rust of this sedan. For the record: when the Seattle PD wanted the last surviving 1970 Ply Satellite (apparently it is that model, not a Belvedere) of that department from a collector, they had to pony up ca. $8K for it-----------unrestored. Although apparently this particular sedan was rear ended and totaled out very early in its patrol car life then fixed hence it not disposed of via normal channels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the replies. I've talked to quite a few people and no one seems to agree. LOL. I guess I'll put a pretty high price on it and see what happens. It's a lot easier to go down on price than go up. If I didn't have to have the money to finish a father-son project that we started a couple of years ago, I'd keep it and drive it. I really like the old car.

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
thewatergoblin said:
Thanks for all the replies. I've talked to quite a few people and no one seems to agree. LOL. I guess I'll put a pretty high price on it and see what happens. It's a lot easier to go down on price than go up. If I didn't have to have the money to finish a father-son project that we started a couple of years ago, I'd keep it and drive it. I really like the old car.
Works for me since any 4 door Dart/Valiant with a factory 4 spd (overdrive or not) and especially V8 powered is extremely rare. I saw but one another in person outside of Wash DC ca. 1977; it was a green 1975 Valiant V8 with vinyl bucket seats but no front swaybar, admittedly the HD suspension was an option but still.............

1 - 11 of 11 Posts