Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 83 Scamp and has a newer 4spd trans with the 356 gears, at 70 im running 2,800 RPMS. It just really seems excesive to me. Now granted the factory tac is 30yrs old. But it sure is humming compared to the older trans with 305's it was just about 2,300 or so..Does this sound ok? I dont want to blow it up!(it was a factory combo,but back then you had 55, now 70 speed limits.) BTW Im running 14' wheel/tire Thanks in advance

·
Registered
570 Posts
My '86 Shelby Charger Turbo is right about the same.. 2800-3000 RPM.. Not s speed I worry about blowing up at. My Turismo came through the Rockies pulling a trailer with a cracked cylinder head.. Holding 5000 in 2nd gear to climb mountains. The 2.2L's are very tough motors..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well this is good to hear, I dont have a tac to check mine with, but I have a tendency of over annylizing (spell check) things.Thanks for the reasuring reply! I hope she holds together.

·
Registered
570 Posts
My wife's got an '06 Chrysler Pacifica that is usually from 2700-3500 for hours at a time on I-10.. Even my '69 RoadRunner used to run from 3000-5000 rpm.. 3000[at]70MPH; 5000RPM [at].. well.. let's just not say.. LOL

T

·
0 Posts
Those 2.2's are like anvils,when I worked at the engine shop all we usually did was a pressure test and a resurface on the head. Once Mopar went to roller followers in 1986 they were even better! I think you can retro fit a later model head on a older block, but ask at your machine shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts