Allpar Forums banner

441 - 460 of 473 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Indeed. My cousin died from melanoma several years ago. Didn't know he had it until he collapsed on the job (he was a UPS driver). Tests revealed he had 4th stage melamoma. Doctors gave him a month to live despite a couple of chemotherapy treatments. He lived another 6 months.

Neighbor who had survived several bouts of cancer including bone marrow cancer was given 6 months to live two weeks ago. She died in her sleep last Saturday morning.
Well, that's probably the best way to go, at least no endless suffering hooked up to machines.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
There is no “expiration date” stamped on the bottom of your foot. Maybe a “freshness date” though....:D

Live your life like it’s your last day, because you never know when it could be just that.

So....I want some Oreos...so I might as well have them for breakfast ‘cause, well, you never know! :p
You better make then Double-Stuf, because you might only get one before you keel over in your bowl of Oreo's :D:p

Yep, I'm living for the now because nobody is guaranteed a future. ;)

·
Jeepaholic
5,571 Posts
You better make then Double-Stuf, because you might only get one before you keel over in your bowl of Oreo's :D:p

Yep, I'm living for the now because nobody is guaranteed a future. ;)
In our house, it’s the double stuff in the party sized package. Hey, go fat...er...go big, or go home. :D

Reactions: 06PTElectricBlue

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
In our house, it’s the double stuff in the party sized package. Hey, go fat...er...go big, or go home. :D
I gotta try and find some of these, I haven't seen them, but then I haven't really looked.

But you get 2 fillings, so that's basically Double-Stuf AND chocolate and vanilla, how much better can it get, than that :D

Reactions: Zagnut27

·
Jeepaholic
5,571 Posts
I gotta try and find some of these, I haven't seen them, but then I haven't really looked.

But you get 2 fillings, so that's basically Double-Stuf AND chocolate and vanilla, how much better can it get, than that :D

Fortunately I did not see this before going to the store this morning, or I would’ve had no choice but to look for these. My gravitationally-challenged mid section does not need these, but I WANT them. :D

Reactions: 06PTElectricBlue

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
What happened to the COVID aftermath thread?

Somebody say something too political?o_O

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
What happened to the COVID aftermath thread?

Somebody say something too political?o_O
I guess so, I had a link to it because when it was closed a couple of weeks ago, for political posts, I sent a PM to a moderator. The political posts were removed and the thread unlocked.

But this is what I get now when I click on the link:

https://www.allpar.com/forums/threads/covid-shutdown-aftereffects.225985/page-8#post-1085213461

And it's not just closed this time, but appears to have been deleted.

I never saw it, but I guess someone posted something out of line.

Reactions: DC-93

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I must have been a really strange weird kid. When we would have Oreo or "Oroe-style" cookies in the house...I was the one who would get a butter knife...and scrape off all the sweet white frosting inside the cookies...and then eat the black wafer part of the cookies.

I never knew...until recently...that Nabisco actually makes a product that would have satisfied my cookie tastes as a kid:

But as an adult, my tastes have changed, and now there is a warm fuzzy place in my stomach for another Nabisco product:

And these cookies from Belgium have become a very very close runner-up:

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
I guess so, I had a link to it because when it was closed a couple of weeks ago, for political posts, I sent a PM to a moderator. The political posts were removed and the thread unlocked.

But this is what I get now when I click on the link:

https://www.allpar.com/forums/threads/covid-shutdown-aftereffects.225985/page-8#post-1085213461

And it's not just closed this time, but appears to have been deleted.

I never saw it, but I guess someone posted something out of line.
It has been removed from public view, possibly because a post was out of line (one that was critical of the current administration, lest anyone think there was left bias in the administration of it).

·
Super Moderator
36,920 Posts
When people knowingly post political things in a post, sometimes even saying "I know I probably shouldn't post this" that's a good sign the thread will be ending.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Never a fan of Oreos. They taste artificial. o_O

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I must have been a really strange weird kid. When we would have Oreo or "Oroe-style" cookies in the house...I was the one who would get a butter knife...and scrape off all the sweet white frosting inside the cookies...and then eat the black wafer part of the cookies.

I never knew...until recently...that Nabisco actually makes a product that would have satisfied my cookie tastes as a kid:

But as an adult, my tastes have changed, and now there is a warm fuzzy place in my stomach for another Nabisco product:

And these cookies from Belgium have become a very very close runner-up:
Great! You go posting pictures of Biscoffs. :( Now I miss my Germany trips. I guess I'm going to have to order some Biscoff or something, because it's the closest I'm coming to flying until at least February, I'm guessing, and that's at the earliest...IF a vaccine is found reasonably effective yet this year. :D

That said, I've heard rumors of something possibly being announced in the not-too-distant future. Rumors...and I'll leave it at that.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Great! You go posting pictures of Biscoffs. :( Now I miss my Germany trips. I guess I'm going to have to order some Biscoff or something, because it's the closest I'm coming to flying until at least February, I'm guessing, and that's at the earliest...IF a vaccine is found reasonably effective yet this year. :D

That said, I've heard rumors of something possibly being announced in the not-too-distant future. Rumors...and I'll leave it at that.
A new flavor, I had no idea they had so much :D

Fly Delta, they have their own :)

Reactions: Tony K

·
Registered
2,372 Posts

No need to run to Germany, Friend!

I don't know what your location is...but here in the North Eastern United States (in my case, RI)...Biscoff brand cookies are available at any Stop & Shop Supermarket. I haven't bothered to check other big Grocery chains in the area...but I imagine they would also have Biscoff products.

Odds are that Biscoff products are not that hard to find at your location.

If worse comes to worst...I imagine you could always order some online.

In the meantime......MAN!...you've just triggered the most terrible craving for those cookies now!:p:D

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I can believe that.
Cheeseburger Oreos? Spam Oreos?
BLECH!!!:eek::eek::eek:
Yep, those two sound pretty gross.

What is interesting, though, are all of the different flavors of "American" treats that are available overseas. Japan has all sorts of interesting flavors of Kit Kats. My favorites were Pumpkin Pie, Strawberry, and Green Tea (not ask mixed together). They also had interesting flavors of Doritos. They had taco flavored Doritos that tasted exactly like a taco. I have no idea how they pulled that off.

441 - 460 of 473 Posts