Allpar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry i'm probably asking one of the easiest questions. But, I am new to cars and this is my first one. Can someone help me locate this?

·
What sanity?
3,705 Posts
It's on the transmission bellhousing in the back. There are three wires and a connector on it. Best accessed from above by reaching down past the brake booster.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's on the transmission bellhousing in the back. There are three wires and a connector on it. Best accessed from above by reaching down past the brake booster.
So is this it?(I unplugged this) It looks kinda melted, but the metal pieces on the inside look intact still. idk if that's the issue:

·
What sanity?
3,705 Posts
That's the O2 sensor.

The red arrow in this pic points to the hole where the crank sensor goes. You're looking at a Chrysler 4 speed tranny from behind... the plastic bags are where the axles go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or perhaps it's this?

EDIT: I just seen the picture above me. Is their a way to get a diagram for the exact location. Like I said, I'm extremely new at this. And the pic above confused the heck outta me.

·
What sanity?
3,705 Posts
Nope - see my last post.

·
What sanity?
3,705 Posts
Not sure I can make it much clearer than this:

Red arrow is the crank sensor, blue arrow is the connector. The sensor is a round black cylinder held in with a 10mm bolt. The connector is a round black 3 pin connector.

It's way down there under the brake master cylinder, bolted to the transmission.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
What's wrong with the car?

·
Super Moderator
36,940 Posts
He has no spark. That came from a seperate topic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Red arrow is the crank sensor, blue arrow is the connector. The sensor is a round black cylinder held in with a 10mm bolt. The connector is a round black 3 pin connector.

It's way down there under the brake master cylinder, bolted to the transmission.

Thank you, that's something I can understand.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thanks man, I finally got it out. I found it and I seen a birds nest of wires and duct tape was on the wires holding them together. Wow, the guy that sold me the car knows less than I do. I know not to use Duct Tape and instead use electrical tape.

·
What sanity?
3,705 Posts
Electrical tape doesn't work so well either under the hood - best way to repair wiring is with a soldering iron, heatshrink tubing, and a hot air gun to shrink said tubing. Of course, it's hard to work with an iron in tight places like that, too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts