Allpar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
What sanity?
3,705 Posts
It's on the transmission bellhousing in the back. There are three wires and a connector on it. Best accessed from above by reaching down past the brake booster.

·
What sanity?
3,705 Posts
That's the O2 sensor.

The red arrow in this pic points to the hole where the crank sensor goes. You're looking at a Chrysler 4 speed tranny from behind... the plastic bags are where the axles go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or perhaps it's this?

EDIT: I just seen the picture above me. Is their a way to get a diagram for the exact location. Like I said, I'm extremely new at this. And the pic above confused the heck outta me.

·
What sanity?
3,705 Posts
Not sure I can make it much clearer than this:

Red arrow is the crank sensor, blue arrow is the connector. The sensor is a round black cylinder held in with a 10mm bolt. The connector is a round black 3 pin connector.

It's way down there under the brake master cylinder, bolted to the transmission.

·
Super Moderator
38,876 Posts
He has no spark. That came from a seperate topic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Red arrow is the crank sensor, blue arrow is the connector. The sensor is a round black cylinder held in with a 10mm bolt. The connector is a round black 3 pin connector.

It's way down there under the brake master cylinder, bolted to the transmission.

Thank you, that's something I can understand.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thanks man, I finally got it out. I found it and I seen a birds nest of wires and duct tape was on the wires holding them together. Wow, the guy that sold me the car knows less than I do. I know not to use Duct Tape and instead use electrical tape.

·
What sanity?
3,705 Posts
Electrical tape doesn't work so well either under the hood - best way to repair wiring is with a soldering iron, heatshrink tubing, and a hot air gun to shrink said tubing. Of course, it's hard to work with an iron in tight places like that, too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.