Allpar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently sitting in my garage and was gifted to me by a late family member. I've since had some maintenance done to it, lightly detailed clean, and of course got the Title which is all clean and good to go. Thought to start here for any PT enthusiast that may be interested.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
. . . Currently sitting in my garage and was gifted to me by a late family member. I've since had some maintenance done to it, lightly detailed clean, and of course got the Title which is all clean and good to go. Thought to start here for any PT enthusiast that may be interested. . . .
I would suggest contacting Carvana or Carmax. Those auto retail entities will buy used vehicles. Considering the shortage of good, clean, used cars today you may get a favorable offer for your vehicle and avoid the hassle of selling it to the public.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Posting it here is a good start.
Let us know where you are located.
Folks might be able to recommend some used car dealers in your area that specialize in low mileage vehicles (usually at a premium price to the public) that would pay you a reasonable amount saving you from dealing with the public.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Where is it? I’m looking for a PT when the Challenger gets put away for winter.

Reactions: Shane Estabrooks

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would suggest contacting Carvana or Carmax. Those auto retail entities will buy used vehicles. Considering the shortage of good, clean, used cars today you may get a favorable offer for your vehicle and avoid the hassle of selling it to the public.
I don' think that Carvana etc will do a car that old. You might try here The best vintage and classic cars for sale online | Bring a Trailer or here Antique Automobile Club of America - Discussion Forums AACA is technically for car 25 years old or older but I have seen newer ones on occasion. Hemmings has made auctions their new go to as well. Hemmings Auctions

·
Registered
31 Posts
You undoubtedly have lots of enthusiasts here, so why not list the details? From the pix you posted, it looks to be a Touring. Is that correct? Sunroof? Four-wheel disc w/ ABS? What maintenance items have been done? Where is the car? Any rust on the rockers, wheel arches, or underside? More pix, to include under-hood, would be helpful.

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
That's a clean PT, for sure. My biggest concern would be the timing belt/water pump change. Even though it's low mileage, it's almost 20 years old and I'd be paranoid about the belt breaking. That's something to consider when it comes into negotiating a price. Any savvy PT fan is going to want to factor that in, even if he's a DIY guy like most of us here.

·
Virginia Gentleman
15,273 Posts
I don' think that Carvana etc will do a car that old.
Not necessarily true. My local CDJR-F dealer (pre-pandemic) had at times low mileage (but older than 5 years) makes/models if the mileage is under 50K miles. It's not often, but they might have one. Anything older than 5 years with more than 50K miles generally goes to auction.

Just keep in mind any one who "buys" cars (Carvana, Car Max, etc) will be offering essentially trade in values.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bring-A-Trailer is your first choice if they will accept it, total seller's market there. And they seem to prefer older cars in good condition with low miles. Otherwise go with Cars&Bids.com or AutoHunter.com.

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
Anthonyl1992, you've had two members say they'd be interested. A price, location and reply would be helpful in your pursuit of selling the PT Cruiser.

·
Super Moderator
38,725 Posts
Anthonyl1992, you've had two members say they'd be interested. A price, location and reply would be helpful in your pursuit of selling the PT Cruiser.
He hasn’t been back since that post.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Bring-A-Trailer is your first choice if they will accept it, total seller's market there. And they seem to prefer older cars in good condition with low miles. Otherwise go with Cars&Bids.com or AutoHunter.com.
I doubt Cars & Bids would take a mainstream PT model, even if it is lower miles. If it were the 2.4 Turbo, maybe they would. Even if they did take the car, I don't see a market on their website for this vehicle.

If the OP comes back his best bet in selling the vehicle is an enthusiast site such as this one, PT group(s) on Facebook if they exist, and PT-specific fan forum(s) if they exist.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ther are several PT Cruiser Facebook Pages that receive a lot of traffic and ads.
"PT Cruisers For Sale"; and " PT/ Gt/ Srt4 Parts Fs".

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,450 Posts
I loathe Facebook pages with sales stuff. They get incredibly cluttered with people putting in fake prices and wanting to buy some trim piece or another, or refusing to say where they are and what transmission they have.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts