Allpar Forums banner

WHICH 4 INJECTOR MANIFOLD IS BEST?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  B10alia 
You're looking at a LOT of work. The TBI and MPFI systems are very different, so in addition to the manifold, you're going to need a new computer, new injectors (may need to be larger to accomodate the larger displacement. I assume you're using a computer from a turbo 2.2) and fuel rail, some new sensors and a new harness to make it all work. For not much more work, you could swap in an entire turbo head (turbo, manifolds, head with hardened valves and turbo cam) and get that up and running. You get the power of the turbo and the benefits of MPFI when you're off boost. IMO, the TII manifold should be the beter one, it has the benefits of more research and development.

TII also has a charge temp sensor if I'm not mistaken. You're also going to need to redo the vacuum harness, but again, the MPFI conversion based of a turbo computer would also need that. There is a basic guide in the EEK pages, here, http://www.allpar.com/mopar/turbo-conversion.html, that should give you an idea of what you're looking at. You can see why I recommended a head swap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.