Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an LA-360 (non-Magnum) in my Valiant, and am using an Edelbrock Performer intake manifold and a ThermoQuad 9112S carburetor. Would anybody know the correct choke thermostat to use with this combination? A non-electric choke thermostat would be fine. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
does the manifold have a choke pot? - if so unless you dont go
electric use a choke pot that fits.
I dont understand why you dont want to use a electric one..one wire to + on coil, thats all.
Or a manual one, cant make any trouble at all.

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
If I remember correct, this carb was fitted for use only with a remote (manifold pot) style choke spring. The diference in them was, for the most part, the length of the rod and required the recessed hole in the manifold. Rod lengths can be adjusted with some thinking and comparing with other installations to get the length close. Manual choles can be done but need some thought to get it right.

·
Registered
647 Posts
agree with 68rt, I used lots of these carbs a kid, I dont even think an electric could be used, the choke pot style was easy to set up, easy to still get and only one little circlip held the rod to the spring shaft so you could just pop it off, bend or replace the rod as needed and re-install to adjust, just order any 360 4bbl choke from say a diplomat from the 80's and you should be good!

·
Super Moderator
36,945 Posts
Aftermarket Thermoquads used a different choke setup than Chrysler applications and I believe it was a self contained electronic choke. I think Ford or some other manufacturers may have used a similar set, but it will be hard to find those parts I'd think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts