Allpar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally have a chance to move back into the family (mopar). Wife hates the Ford Escape Titanium! It is a great LITTLE car, loaded with everything Ford put into it back in 2017. She misses her old T&C and all the room she had. So here is my problem I have 2 to choose from.

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited original sticker price $48,125.00.
Miles 54,284 $25,775
One owner clean CarFax. Local car loaded
Granite Crystal Metallic w/Black int
or

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus original sticker price $40,775.00
Miles 41,250 $22,775.00 very nicely equipped but missing several options and power products
One owner clean CarFax Local car
Velvet Red Pearl Coat w/Cognac int

Thoughts? Please

·
Super Moderator
37,852 Posts
Interesting as I was looking at a Velvet Red and and a Granite Crystal when I bought.
I ended up with a Touring L and the main feature I miss would be the power folding mirrors. I don't miss cooled seats.
I did end up with the 360 camera on the van and would lean toward one with it since the van is so large and the rounded styling sometimes makes it difficult to know exactly where the front is.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
One owner clean CarFax.
In the totality of things, a one owner local trade-in is usually a solid bet, and I don't think you can really "go wrong" on either choice. Otherwise, take "clean CarFax" with a grain of salt, as CarFax is only as good as the data fed to it.

Reactions: tomit and HanksHemi

·
Registered
64 Posts
If vehicle is mostly garage kept, interior color is not a factor. If it is outside, either in your driveway or parked at work, avoid the black interior. If you plan on keeping for awhile, those extra options and power products do break over time and will need to be $REPAIRED$.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If vehicle is mostly garage kept, interior color is not a factor. If it is outside, either in your driveway or parked at work, avoid the black interior. If you plan on keeping for awhile, those extra options and power products do break over time and will need to be $REPAIRED$.
Retired, Garaged, no workplace parking lot LOL!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agreed when I traded my T&C Carfax had to go back and redo number of owners and accident.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I picked
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited original sticker price $48,125.00.
Miles 54,284 $25,775 final price $19,500.00 after trade with no down
One owner clean CarFax. Local car loaded
Granite Crystal Metallic w/Nappa Leather Black int

After decision was made, I started to pickup all the window stickers I printer. I compared all the Limited and Touring L Plus trims and WOW. After you get through the factory standard equipment it is a full on crap shoot. Easy to pick out the rentals drive power seat only, driver forward/back for stow and go only, 7 passenger, basic tech cross traffic, blind-spot.

Some Touring L Plus vans were better equipped than some of the Limited trims. I saw several that had the Safety Tec Package among others which in some cases made them a better buy. Just over what my spending plan was.

Now we wait to see how it performs.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
OMG Sat arrived to drive and buy the 2017 Pacifica Limited. We were unable to drive on first visit they were replacing a chip in the steering wheel. So Sat was the first time to drive. The first visit the car looked great considering miles and year. However, the drive was BAD, at the first traffic light the smell of burning oil filled the cabin. This continued on the next 2 stops. It eased up a little over the drive but still there. We decided to let the wife drive so I stopped at a traffic light to turn into a parking lot to switch. The auto stop kicked in it had not in all previous stops. As I stopped the car the transmission shifted into the gear for the stop, it bumped hard with noise and lurching. Now when the when the auto stop disengaged the engine rumbled into action, like a badly tuned one. It smoothed out but it took some time to do that. When we arrived back I tried to explain my concerns. They all said they drove it without any issues. The solution was for them to split the cost of a warranty ($1500 my part) so if I had problems all would be good.

We walked! The search continues.

·
Valued Member
2,455 Posts
OMG Sat arrived to drive and by the 2017 Pacifica Limited. We were unable to drive on first visit they were replacing a chip in the steering wheel. So Sat was the first time to drive. The first visit the car looked great considering miles and year. However, the drive was BAD, at the first traffic light the smell of burning oil filled the cabin. This continued on the next 2 stops. It eased up a little over the drive but still there. We decided to let the wife drive so I stopped at a traffic light to turn into a parking lot to switch. The auto stop kicked in it had not in all previous stops. As I stopped the car the transmission shifted into the gear for the stop, it bumped hard with noise and lurching. Now when the when the auto stop disengaged the engine rumbled into action, like a badly tuned one. It smoothed out but it took some time to do that. When we arrived back I tried to explain my concerns. They all said they drove it without any issues. The solution was for them to split the cost of a warranty ($1500 my part) so if I had problems all would be good.

We walked! The search continues.
Look for a Volkswagen version of the Chrysler mini-van. I bet you will have better luck with the van and it will have better ratings.😄😄😄😄😄

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The rest of the story.

First I found a 2017 Pacifica Limited, Velvet Red Pearl Coat Alloy/Blk Int.
40,000 miles, clean clean both int/ext

Found 25 service records from purchasing dealer, man did they take care of this van.
Found the on the records the previous owners name, address, phone #, email. Waiting to hear back from email. Yes this one cost a little more but well worth it.

The Credit Union quoted me on the black one I walked away from $4589.00 for a warranty, however this one same year, same trim $1699.00 top level. When I challenged the bank they looked up the reason, guess what? Car Fax had no repair records but when she entered the vin# in the warranty company's website she said it was clear the car I did not get was a "hot mess" of repairs. Thank you Jesus!

Its over I am glad and now lets hope this puppy stays healthy
R58053cb8d4bb6753b6aff3ff866e9070.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts