Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, which transmission do I have in my 2013 Chrysler 200? I have the 2.4 liter engine with the six-speed auto stick. I was thinking it's a CVT, but am not sure they made a six-speed CVT. Is that right or is it the same six speed auto that they've got in other Mopar vehicles? Anyone know the number of it, like 727, 904 etc?

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,675 Posts
A CVT would not have any true "gears". CVT = Continous Variable Transmission. You have the 62TE which does have 6 "speeds". As far as I remember, the CVT was not available or used in the 200.

The CVT was only used in the Caliber, Compass and Patriot if memory serves.

·
Super Moderator
21,364 Posts
Yes it is the 62TE derived from the old 41TE. They added 2 more gear ratios with another planetary gear set and 2 more clutches where the transfer shaft used to be.
The CVT has an infinite number of computer-controlled gear ratios. However it does have a 'L' range for holding the lower "gears" longer.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information, gentlemen. I sure love the way it shifts from first through fourth, but after that, it's kind of mundane.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,675 Posts
chuzz said:
Thanks for the information, gentlemen. I sure love the way it shifts from first through fourth, but after that, it's kind of mundane.
Yeah, I can only tell it's in 5th or 6th gear by watching the tachometer. The shifts are crisp going from 1-4, but very smooth for 5th and 6th.

I've driven my daughter's Caliber that has the CVT - it takes some getting use to not feeling the "shifts".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts