Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do think they should be more professional and speak out the truth, why hide it?

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
That’s funny, I know about it and I’m retired from FCA since 2016!
Maybe you’re out of the loop??

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Did something happen to Chrysler? (Other than having next to nothing to sell?)

Well you can share if you'd like instead of further keeping Mr. Source out of the loop. ;)
There will be 3 new chrysler models a compact and midsize CUV on the EMP2 platform and a large CUV from the Pacifica.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
That’s funny, I know about it and I’m retired from FCA since 2016!
Maybe you’re out of the loop??
Okay, why doesn't management fix these problems if everyone knows about it? Just keep selling the same old cheap stuff and hope consumers don't notice? Are they that stupid?

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,173 Posts
You mean JDP? Wy would they call attention to failure instead of to the massive achievement of Ram and Dodge being near the top?

I've written about what I believe happened, on these forums

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Honestly, it doesn't make any difference to the consumer why it happened or continues to happen. They expect, for the hard earned money they fork out, they should get a quality vehicle. If they can't do that with all of the lines they sell then discontinue the ones they have no interest in, (Chrysler) and stop the bleeding.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There will be 3 new chrysler models a compact and midsize CUV on the EMP2 platform and a large CUV from the Pacifica.
Hope you are right , and quite confident you are wrong. Chrysler brand is done. Last one out, please turn out the lights .

·
Registered
14,815 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
OMG, it's like a tale of two different companies when you listen to this interview. Ram and Jeep are one, and the rest belongs to someone else. Jeep only applies to any vehicle that's not fwd based either. Those are thrown in with the rest of the unwanted vehicles.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
We heard and knew about these when they were to use CUSW platform, and that was 2-3 years ago at least. But it never materialized. Actually it never was shown on any of the company’s plans or presentations.
Hopefully, pairing it with DS and Lancia would or could give it a chance.
Lancia would be in Italy, DS in France and China and Chrysler in US/Canada.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
We heard and knew about these when they were to use CUSW platform, and that was 2-3 years ago at least. But it never materialized. Actually it never was shown on any of the company’s plans or presentations.
Hopefully, pairing it with DS and Lancia would or could give it a chance.
Lancia would be in Italy, DS in France and China and Chrysler in US/Canada.
China doesn't want French or Italian cars either. Send Chrysler to China.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I do think they should be more professional and speak out the truth, why hide it?
:rolleyes: I do think thread starters should indicate just what the @$&# they're posting about in the OP, or not post. Maybe that's just me, IDK.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,347 Posts
The 200 (UF-body) and Pacifica (RU-body) were refreshing new Chryslers. The 200 was cancelled before its time, but assembly capacity at Sterling Heights for Ram 1500 was more important. I get that.

The PUG and 948TE is a world-class powertrain. The Hybrid needs refinement I hear.

Chrysler needs new product. The 300 is nice, but getting obsolete.

If RU/UF-inspired architecture with some Alfa-DNA is planned, that would be good to see.

Reactions: jimboy

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
China doesn't want French or Italian cars either. Send Chrysler to China.
That would mean manufacturing as well as most r&d development almost entirely IN china....to stand any sort of chance in a VERY competitive market whose easy money boom years for foreign firms are long over.

Still: would seem essential for Chrysler brand in terms of sustainable financial viability.

But then: who is ready for Chrysler as 'America's Import....'(the tag line from the bob dylan advert for the c 200).... FROM china?!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Still China is essential for Chrysler if only for reduced ev techy r&d engineering and supply chain sourcing etc, given the sheer scale of bev and digital techy stuff there (assuming that any new chryslers will emphasize such.) Also good scope for cost and riak sharing with foxconn say or chinese jv partner or say samsung or...tesla china? Apple in china? Etc

·
Registered
Meep Meep
14 Posts
China is essential for Chrysler? Um, no.

Reactions: David S
1 - 20 of 74 Posts