Allpar Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local dealer has 22 Darts in inventory and 22 in transit all 2013. Are the Darts selling that good or is it one of those end of model year things?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
It depends.. Which area are you from? Do you see alot of Darts around you?
Your local dealer might be stocking to avoid the delay and therefore the lack of the next model year..

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Dart inventory is one of the highest last I checked.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mopar392 said:
It depends.. Which area are you from? Do you see alot of Darts around you?
Your local dealer might be stocking to avoid the delay and therefore the lack of the next model year..
The dealer is about 20 miles away from me in Pensacola. Haven't been over there in weeks so I don't know about ones on the street. Only see 3 where I live.

·
Super Moderator
31,981 Posts
My dealer currently has 170 new vehicles, and 6 of them are Darts. Typically they have had 6-10 in stock. So far I've seen a total of about 5 on the roads near me.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I hope that dealer isn't making a bad business call, because stocking 44 units of the same car isn't good especially at the end of the model year..

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Would someone in knowledge know how many days of supply Dart has in comparison to the other cars in the segments..

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Mopar392 said:
Would someone in knowledge know how many days of supply Dart has in comparison to the other cars in the segments..
Strat usually has that information. I know Chrysler was running at 62 days overall in August, but I cannot find the specific model inventories.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,889 Posts
Days supply as of 9/1/13 (not all automakers report per vehicle numbers):

Dart: 120
Focus: 58
Verano: 61
Cruze: 41
Civic: 45
Mazda3: 66
Lancer: 75

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Days supply as of 9/1/13 (not all automakers report per vehicle numbers):

Dart: 120
Focus: 58
Verano: 61
Cruze: 41
Civic: 45
Mazda3: 66
Lancer: 75
It is worse than June number, http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2013/06/darts-on-lots-inventory, of 94 days of supply.
This make me say again stocking this much isn't going to be sweet and the dealer is going to put some kinda deals to move them..

·
Administrator
35,240 Posts
Would not surprise me if they had "secret incentives" to the dealers to make deals and clear them out.

My guess...

1) Dart comes out in limited forms
2) Dealers and public complain, “If we had all the versions including automatics and GTs and Limiteds and 2.0 base, we could buy/sell them!”
3) Oops, they couldn't.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,889 Posts
Or...

If Belvedere has to shut down for a changeover to accommodate new Compatriot...it doesn't hurt to have some inventory on hand to ride out the downtime.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Of note, the local CJDR has several Darts, has had three 2.4 come in and sold all three within a day. The others are languishing for weeks. When I went there they had the last 2.4 Dart, still in shipping "clothes" awaiting prep and was sold.

·
Super Moderator
36,917 Posts
The dealer where I bought my Challenger has 72 Darts in inventory across three locations (a few tagged as in transit).
Of those, 4 have the 1.4 Turbo, one has the 2.4 and the rest are 2.0s. The 2.4 is in stock, no more are showing as in transit now.

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,931 Posts
Dave said:
Would not surprise me if they had "secret incentives" to the dealers to make deals and clear them out.

My guess...

1) Dart comes out in limited forms
2) Dealers and public complain, “If we had all the versions including automatics and GTs and Limiteds and 2.0 base, we could buy/sell them!”
3) Oops, they couldn't.
I don't know if Chrysler, post-Daimler, still does this, but a few years ago you would get a call from your zone rep, and he'd ask "Hey do you want an extra 10-15 units of (insert hot selling model here)?" The obvious answer was yes, and then he'd tell you, "No problem, I can do that for you if you'll take five green base model V6 Commanders" (or some other slow-moving dog).

To get extra Viper allocations - because we were the number one Viper dealer in the state at the time - my dealership took all kinds of strange things. One example I've mentioned on here before, was ten Flame Red 4.7-liter Ram 1500 Quad Cab long beds with no power locks or windows, and all of them with tow mirrors but no tow package.

So that might explain the heavy Dart inventories in some places. Or not. They actually sell pretty well around here. Almost daily I see at least one or two on the freeway.

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
FreeLantz said:
I don't know if Chrysler, post-Daimler, still does this, but a few years ago you would get a call from your zone rep, and he'd ask "Hey do you want an extra 10-15 units of (insert hot selling model here)?" The obvious answer was yes, and then he'd tell you, "No problem, I can do that for you if you'll take five green base model V6 Commanders" (or some other slow-moving dog).

To get extra Viper allocations - because we were the number one Viper dealer in the state at the time - my dealership took all kinds of strange things. One example I've mentioned on here before, was ten Flame Red 4.7-liter Ram 1500 Quad Cab long beds with no power locks or windows, and all of them with tow mirrors but no tow package.

So that might explain the heavy Dart inventories in some places. Or not. They actually sell pretty well around here. Almost daily I see at least one or two on the freeway.
I see 2 every day. Although, in fairness one of them I pass every single day. On the way into work, and the way back. About the same spot every day, during my 40 minute commute. Country roads though, traffic is extremely predictable. Kind of makes me chuckle that we have each other's schedules so close.

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,931 Posts
bumonbox said:
I see 2 every day. Although, in fairness one of them I pass every single day. On the way into work, and the way back. About the same spot every day, during my 40 minute commute. Country roads though, traffic is extremely predictable. Kind of makes me chuckle that we have each other's schedules so close.
I gotcha.... I was estimating that every day I see at least one or two, and not always the same ones. I think they sell pretty well locally.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts