Allpar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, was wondering if pt rims are the right offset. My father ordered a guy custom rims years ago for his new pt cruiser and the guy left the factory rims. They are chrome and 17's.. I know the bolt pattern is correct but thats it..Looking to put on 88 daytona if that matters. Just something different...Thanks

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
They should work with no clearance issues. Why not just try fitting the bare wheel to one of your front wheels while the car is jacked up just to be sure the back of the wheel will clear the brake caliper. Tire size for the 17" wheels is 205/50 R17

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would but the car is in storage. Was thinking if they worked for sure was going too order a set of tires and have them mounted so when spring comes im ready to throw them on..

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
They are not going to fit. Different bolt pattern.

·
Super Moderator
38,724 Posts
PT Cruiser is 5x100mm bolt pattern just like the Daytona (except the 4 lug Daytona).

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Russ 90, are you sure ?
Aren't they both 5 x 100mm ? I don't think there's any difference in the offset between the 15, 16 and 17" wheels for these cars. I know for certain that the PT 16" wheels will bolt up without clearance problems to the G and J body cars with the 5 lug hubs.
I have a PT GT with the 17" wheels as well as a Maserati TC and two J body LeBarons. To my knowledge the Q, J and G bodies have the same 5 lug hub setups. I've cross swapped wheels on these cars between the 16" PT chrome wheels on a 2002 PT but never with the 2005 GT with the 17" rims. Unless I'm mistaken, the bolt patterns are all the same. If it wasn't so cold right now I's pull a wheel off the PT and see if it would fit one of the LeBarons.

·
Super Moderator
38,724 Posts
Neons and the PT Cruiser kept the 5x100mm bolt patterns the K based cars used (except the 4 lug exceptions). It was the 15" ans larger minivans, the LH cars and some variations of the Cloud cars (and maybe only the ones with Diamond Star roots) that used a different bolt pattern.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts