Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I push the switch to wash the windshield, the liftgate squirts. If I push the switch to wash the liftgate, the windshield squirts. How is this possible?

It is a 2005 Grand Caravan. I forgot this when writing the post. Sorry.

·
Super Moderator
31,981 Posts
Did it always do this? Is this a new acquisition? Sounds like someone reversed the switches. Is the wiper action also reversed? Are wiper and washer functions on the same switch?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a van that I am thinking about buying, so I don't know how long this has been happening. It is a repo at a local credit union, so they are not sure either. The wipers work fine. It's just the washers that seem to be reversed. They are not on the same switch. The windshield wipwer switch is on the steering column and the liftgate swtch is on the dash.

·
Super Moderator
31,981 Posts
Right, but what I meant was, are the front washers and front wipers on the same switch, and the rear washers and rear wipers on the same switch? If so, it's strange that only the washer function would be reversed and not also the wipers.

·
Super Moderator
36,916 Posts
I beleive on the vans there is a single washer reservoir and pump for both front and rear. Because of that I would suspect the connection at the washer fluid pump may be where the problem is.

Or it may be that someone reversed the hose connections at the pump which would probably be easier to mess up than the electrical connection.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,672 Posts
Valiant is correct. The hose connections are reversed.

·
Super Moderator
31,981 Posts
That is the most logical explanation. My Daytona has separate reservoirs near the point of use, so it didn't occur to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts