Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windsor assembly has been doing something this week that it has not done for a long time. See if you can figure it out.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
It stopped building Grand Caravans.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Built RM's(Routon). But don't get used to it. Building 1500 for VW internal use then it will be put out to pasture permanently.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Cdnautowrkr444 said:
Built RM's(Routon). But don't get used to it. Building 1500 for VW internal use then it will be put out to pasture permanently.
Hey, long time no post.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ahhhhhh, ya missed me

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey Cdnautowrkr444;

It is true you guys are stopping the Grand Caravan and just making the Town & Country? If this is true, I cant wait to see Canada's reception. Dodge always sells more than any Chrysler here. I never see Town & Countrys in the GTA..

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
They share less info with us then you would think. Sergio likes to keep fear in his workforce. Although we see signs of a major retool, the company refuses to confirm any future production at Windsor Assembly.

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
Roryn44 said:
Hey Cdnautowrkr444;

It is true you guys are stopping the Grand Caravan and just making the Town & Country? If this is true, I cant wait to see Canada's reception. Dodge always sells more than any Chrysler here. I never see Town & Countrys in the GTA..
I thought the idea was the opposite, keep the Caravan and discontinue the T&C. All speculation, but that seemed like the most likely scenario IIRC.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Killing the Grand Caravan name seems like such a bad idea. 2014 will be the 30th Anniversary of that truck, and I will be very disappointed (as will a million or so other owners) if that is the final year of it.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Cdnautowrkr444 said:
For their internal use? That's pretty interesting.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
codypet said:
For their internal use? That's pretty interesting.
Reverse Engineering...;)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Nobody wants to pay a 15000 premium on a town on country with a VW badge but no stow and go

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I think that's why there were slow sales on the VW. Everytime I talk to someone about a minivan, they cite the fold flat middle seats as one of the biggest selling points of the car. Does anyone know the take rate on the minivans with the premium larger seats that don't fold into the floor?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Cdnautowrkr444 said:
They share less info with us then you would think. Sergio likes to keep fear in his workforce. Although we see signs of a major retool, the company refuses to confirm any future production at Windsor Assembly.
Ain't that the truth.

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
RVC said:
I thought the idea was the opposite, keep the Caravan and discontinue the T&C. All speculation, but that seemed like the most likely scenario IIRC.
You thought? Wait did you think? You see there is the problem. They're taking way too much pleasure janking everyone around with this minivan stuff. All I know is, they're publicy proposing everything but the most obvious and logical.

·
Registered
257 Posts
RVC said:
Some time ago, IIRC, SM told us that they would build 4 concepts for clinics around the country. Two minivans and two crossovers, one for each brand.

The issue with minivans is that TC sells in a higher price point (and many owners wouldn't accept to "downgrade" to the dodge brand).

That said, I think is possible that they concluded that both minivan AND crossover should be Chrysler badged.

Or that they should build 3 out of the 4 concepts: two Chrysler and one Dodge.
The Dodge crossover, to be in the place once reserved for Magnum and now filled by Durango. Since the next Journey is supposed to be a little smaller, it would make sense to me: Journey as a replecement for the SWB minivan and the crossover as a cheaper people-mover option than a Durango or a Magnum would be. And would reinforce Dodge as a sportier brand, withou minivan, SW or SUVs.
That would clear the path for a Jeep Wagoneer, too. Just an opinion.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts