Allpar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was caught a spring rain shower while driving the '65 Barracuda. When I turned on the wipers but they would run for a couple swipes and stop. I could hear a circuit breaker clicking in and out. I checked the linkage and lubed it but the problem is still there. I suspect the motor is worn out. Are these motors rebuildable?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I removed the motor, loosened the end cap, and sprayed electrical cleaner on the com. & brushes. I then did a bench test. After about two minutes it started to get get warm and within two more minutes was hot to the touch. I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally got around to fiddling with my wiper problem. I dismantled the motor and cleaned it and lubed it-also cleaned the contact points, and lubed the linkage. After installing the motor it now runs longer before it stops but doesn't get hot. The wipers didn't parked when I got car and still don't because of broken park spring. I suspect the switch is bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.