Allpar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
29,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've replaced one side's bushing then the other side. Now the driver's side has popped off the motor. It did this in the middle of a down pour while I was driving.

I couldn't see a thing. Time for more RainX washer fluid and treatment on the windshield.

I'll fix it tomorrow.

Everyone is safe, no problems.

·
Super Moderator
31,981 Posts
When one broke on my 84 Daytona, I replaced all 4 bushings at once. Been fine for over a year now.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Isn't that the way it always works out, Bob? I think Bob L has the right idea!

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
I'm sure you're going to hang on the the soft ones, just in case. Right?

·
Administrator
29,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right. I checked the installed bushings and all are 'OK'. Now that I have the last one replaced it should be good to go for a while.

Now, the tranny is making noise again. I'll check the fluid level and if it's low I'll plan a replacement in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Bushing on my Daytona gave way the other day. Far driver side bushing, and it was only a few mos. old. I bought a 3/8 E-clip and it works great. Eliminated the bushing.

·
Administrator
29,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If these tend to mess up often. I'll probably machine some aluminum for the rods to bush them and use the 'E' or 'C' clips to hold them in place. Another possibility would be to drill and tap the 'studs' and use a screw to hold things in place.

·
Super Moderator
31,981 Posts
Replaced one in my truck from Autozone's HELP! section about 4 years ago, no problems since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts