Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Town & Country with a broken cassette belt. I replaced the original one with a thicker shorter one which broke after 6 months. :(
98% of my usage of the radio is to connect my iPhone and listen to podcasts and/or use as handsfree use of my phone.
What I would like to do is either/or replace the belt with the CORRECT one so I don't have to take everything apart again, but would like to NOT do that.

Does anyone know if it's possible to just run wired from a 3.5 connector (to plug the iPhone into) then to the input connector to the back of the radio for the in dash changer? Which is the small connector pins 1,2,6,& 7. Then I would just need to switch to the tape/cd player.
Is this possible?

Thanks
Not sure if I'm allowed to include my email but just in case: junkmailflorida @ yahoo.com

·
What sanity?
3,705 Posts
Possible, but not as easy as merely hacking into the harness. You need an auxiliary interface from these guys: http://www.pie.net/

·
Registered
67 Posts
crutchfield.com is a great site for after market radios. They send you wiring harnesses for free to make the job fairly easy for a new radio

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
+1. I'd install a new radio with built-in capability. My Kenwood stereos are superior in every way to the factory radio. Paid $139 for a satellite-ready, iPod-ready, front-panel USB and 2.5mm jack stereo.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Bob Lincoln said:
+1. I'd install a new radio with built-in capability. My Kenwood stereos are superior in every way to the factory radio. Paid $139 for a satellite-ready, iPod-ready, front-panel USB and 2.5mm jack stereo.
They ripped you off, Bob! A standard auxiliary jack is 3.5 mm. :innocent:

·
Registered
2 Posts
just go with a Radio Frequency (RF) broadcaster from your Ipod. Then your normal radio can pick up the signal that is broadcast and voila, wireless connection.

these were popular about 10 years ago. i bet you can still find them. cheers.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Yes it is possible to use the 8 pin din connector for the CD changer as a iPod/ mp3 player input.
The connections needed are left/ right audio, ground, and an extra pin to be grounded to put the radio into "aux" mode to play the iPod audio.

You need to find out which Chrysler Infinity radio you have.

This article on Allpar shows how to do this. http://www.allpar.com/stereo/Infinity-II/index.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts