Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its winter so I'm back on my 56 dodge truck project, hopefully 2021 will be the year it finally hits the road again, we will see, for now I'm installing some front bucket seats from a r/t Durango I bought many years ago from the wrecker, any way they are power and heated, any one know the color code for what wire dose what? I have a Haynes manual with diagrams but unfortunately no info. I have a thicker red wire with pink tracer and grey with red I suspect are the main power feed wires I have four wires coming off a green connector and two off a white connector I'm pretty sure the white connector I have figured out as it has the grey wire with red tracer and a black wire so positive and negative, just need the green connector wire codes. Thanks

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
. . . .for now I'm installing some front bucket seats from a r/t Durango I bought many years ago from the wrecker, any way they are power and heated, any one know the color code for what wire dose what? . . . .
Go to this link and download a service manual for a 2002 Dodge Ram truck. Chapter 8W - 63 has wiring for power seats and seat heater option. It appears you need the electronic controller that powers the seat heaters and receives seat temperature feed back for proper operation. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks , will do, as for the seats, I'll probably mostly just drive this in the summer so may not even bother with the heated part unless I can just run to a reastat type switch. Tha
Go to this link and download a service manual for a 2002 Dodge Ram truck. Chapter 8W - 63 has wiring for power seats and seat heater option. It appears you need the electronic controller that powers the seat heaters and receives seat temperature feed back for proper operation. Hope this helps.

This was very helpful thankyou!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts