Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend in Broken Arrow OK who had a tire blow at 75 mph and take out the the headlight harness connector and a few others on his 2012 Ram 2500 diesel. I have looked as much as I can for a PN for the probably 38 way plug on the end of the headlight harness. All I have found so far in the 2011 parts list (Thanks IC) is a complete harness, he has found it is the same 2010-2012. Does anyone know of a source for the connector other than a complete harness. Junkyard told him $300, dealer $400 for a new one. He, I'm sure would be quite happy to be able to get the connector plug off a damaged harness (front end wrecked).

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That may help, problem is, I have no idea what the connector number is and the parts list just shows the harness assemblies. I am afraid it's like some of the older stuff, "replace assembly".

·
Registered
64 Posts
Follow ImperialCrown's link. What it looks like you want is MODULE-TOTALLY INTEGRATED POWER C5 - BROWN (BODY) 40 WAY. Sadly, it's serviced as the harness.

Type "module-to" into the filter window and it'll show only the TIPM connectors to you. Right click on ones that sound good and they'll show which circuits they have and give you the part numbers.

Good luck.

Reactions: ImperialCrown

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
. . . What it looks like you want is MODULE-TOTALLY INTEGRATED POWER C5 - BROWN (BODY) 40 WAY. Sadly, it's serviced as the harness. . . . .
If the replacement item(s) you need are the wiring harness connectors at the TIPM, I did a Google search on subject " replacement chrysler tipm electrical connectors " and found several links. This one seems to sell used connectors so this may be a solution.

USED OEM TIPM Wire Harness Connectors / Plugs (Sold Individually) - MAK'S (at https://tipmrebuilders.com/product/used-oem-wire-harness-plugs-sold-individually/?_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyfi269D_4AIVirjACh0sEAG6EAQYASABEgJKoPD_BwE )

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He was telling me it is the headlight harness, apparently the tire that blew probably also trashed the inner fender. Let me resize the pictures he sent and post them.
Brandon 1.jpg
Brandon 2.jpg
Brandon 3.jpg
Brandon 4.jpg
Brandon 5.jpg
Brandon 6.jpg

There are a couple more including a copy of the original bill of sale with the VIN number if that will help.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
The images you posted definitely help. It appears these are connectors NOT located at the TIPM but in the vicinity.

I used the link that ImperialCrown detailed in post # 2 ( Mopar Connection Repair Kit (at http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm ) and found a list of connectors for a 2012 Ram 2500 diesel. It appears the connector in question that needs to be replaced is C322 body, C322 chassis. The listing illustrates the male and female connector components. You can check this by matching the wire color code with each pin position against the existing, damaged connector.

2012 Ram 2500 headlamp wiring connectors.gif

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was what I had kind of come up with. He had sent me the original message on Facebook, which has been really quirky today. He apparently managed to get some from a junkyard, probably from a truck that was hit in front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts