Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Part Connoisseur
2,431 Posts
You need a pulley remover and installer set. This is the one I got for removing the power steering pump pulley:

http://www.harborfreight.com/pulley-remover-and-installer-set-40749.html

And yes, the Dorman 300318 pulley will work for an 86.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nightmare is over - thanks for info.

I didnt relize the pulley was pressed in so i really made the biggest bummer since i cant remember. Yesterday I thougt the pulley was screwed inn with an embraco bolt. No wonder i broke the embraco since it was infact the shaft a was turning. Stupid head. :frusty:

When i got your answer Bamman i started to look for a spesial-tool. I coulnt find one in my close area- but luckaly i managed to get off the pulley with a to-armed pulley. I had to press the claws together in a wice.

So now pulley is off- and as you say the dorman 300318 will fit i will buy a couple of new ones :thumbsup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Be sure to use a power-steering pully installer, because if you drive or press the new pully on you will probably damage the internals or sump of the pump.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The new pump came with a long bolt, a huge washer and a nut.

I quess the idea must be to press in the pulley buy screwing the nut and washer against the pulley headed for the shaft.( The illustration shows this) But im not really sure if ill sucseed- Maybe the boys are right-ill need a spesial tool(installer tool)

Funny how complicated this shoul be - actually my hardest headache since getting out controll-arm bushings....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts