Allpar Forums banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts
When in doubt, throttle out?? Nah. Lol. Have you seen the video of Tracy's rollover at Moab?? It is on Stu Olson's website. Will post it here, or at least a link to it, later.

Here it is:

http://www.stu-offroad.com/images/vid/tracyroll.mpg

Link to some pics of after:

http://www.stu-offroad.com/guards/sportbar/roll-4.htm

I know it says Wrangler action shots, but I'm gonna cheat a little bit here B)

I took the CJ7 out a few weekends ago (finally got them uploaded) to Shaver Lake and did some trails around there. First one I did was Strawberry Lake, kind of up by Dusy Ershim

Took our puppy out for her first time Jeepin'. She hated it at first but started to like it more and more:

The lake was beautiful as always:

The next day I took the Jeep on bald mountain. I didn't get many pictures, and we couldn't stay at the top. There was a swarm of bees at the watch tower, and my other half is allergic to bees.

I was however, drooling over the forest rangers fresh new JK that he had on the trail. It was a 2012 Rubicon with the Pentastar, and could still smell the new car smell as he was going down the trail. Seeing him get paid to drive a brand new government paid for JK down the trail made me think about my career choice, and possibly a change. :whistle:

Discussion starter · #85 ·
Nice shots!

Thanks John!

I figured out a way to kill two birds with one stone, to get photos and introduce a new generation to the outdoors.

The 4 door helps...Many enthusiasts, both Jeepers and Car Guys, lament the decline in interest from the next generation, so I decided to show my nephews and neighborhood kids, what's it like to experience the great outdoors, conservationist etiquette and also teach them how to use a camera.
Many of the shots of my Jeep you see posted by me, were actually taken by my 11 year old nephews, and no you aren't seeing double... ;)
...another upside is that every person I take with me gets hooked and now has plans to build a Jeep as soon as they can drive!
Probably no surprise that both of my daughters have owned Jeeps.

At my friends shop, they are called the Mighty Mini Mechanics ;)
With small hands for those hard to reach places!

You don't have to take me with you, I'm hooked just on the pics. Amazing stuff. I've been brainstorming an argument on why a JKU would be a better family car than a 3 row SUV...to convince my boss (wife). I would even make the concession of an automatic for her! Does a car seat fit nicely in the back seat? :)

Discussion starter · #87 · (Edited)
You don't have to take me with you, I'm hooked just on the pics. Amazing stuff. I've been brainstorming an argument on why a JKU would be a better family car than a 3 row SUV...to convince my boss (wife). I would even make the concession of an automatic for her! Does a car seat fit nicely in the back seat? :)
Why yes, yes it does! Both my granddaughter and grandson have great fun in Grandpa's Jeep.
Actually the performance off road will be better with the automatic.

4th generation Jeeper.
You have to start somewhere.

Reactions: Zagnut27
Why yes, yes it does! Both my granddaughter and grandson have great fun in Grandpa's Jeep.
Actually the performance off road will be better with the automatic.

4th generation Jeeper.
You have to start somewhere.
That is awesome! When we first had our twins, I really tried to find them a tandem Jeep stroller...unsuccessfully :-(
For now they will have to be content with my Liberty, but we are going to get something next year. I do know what I want though...lol

This is my brother and his son. The heritage will live on in this one too!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive tire
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car All-terrain vehicle Riding toy

81 - 88 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.