Allpar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Maybe that line about a hard road still to travel would have been better for the article title than "stuck in neutral". Outside of that, I can't quarrel with much, as written. The "hints of optimism" paragraph painted a nice picture of the future. The company does have to get it's quality up, though, particularly in the CR ratings. Those are compiled from actual owner reports of problems, not subjective "impressions" which are the basis of the JD Power ratings. I don't believe for a second that GM products have improved that much - they still look pretty dismal in the CR rankings in their annual auto issue.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Yep, a completely negative article filled with several inaccuracies and only a few positives.
It was a space filler.
What remains troubling is the perception of Chrysler quality. After all the improvements, all the changes in production and quality controls, the public isn't seeing the results. Makes me wonder about the span of model years used in the survey.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Beentherebefore said:
Maybe that line about a hard road still to travel would have been better for the article title than "stuck in neutral". Outside of that, I can't quarrel with much, as written. The "hints of optimism" paragraph painted a nice picture of the future. The company does have to get it's quality up, though, particularly in the CR ratings. Those are compiled from actual owner reports of problems, not subjective "impressions" which are the basis of the JD Power ratings. I don't believe for a second that GM products have improved that much - they still look pretty dismal in the CR rankings in their annual auto issue.
An article that uses CR as a touchstone is dubious to say the least; they have a sorry history of bias for Asian and against domestic. They once rated a Mazda minivan much higher than the Ford van that were both the same under the skin and made at the same factory.

Furthermore, the folks at Yahoo who write this drivel are 20 year old cubical rats who never crawled under a car with a wrench and can't tell a tire from a doughnut.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The JD Power survey. A while back an executive of JD Power said that all new cars are so good that the results are now meaningless.

This latest survey proves it. The average for all vehicles is 1.13 problems per vehicle. For RAM, the average is 1.18 per vehicle. So the media trumpets that RAM is below average.

That is totally meaningless. Of course JD Power gets money and publicity from this and the media gets to print gibberish.
I am not holding my breath waiting until some media outlet points this out.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I love where they say the Fiat 500 is imported from Europe... Since when is Chryslers Tolouca Mexico plant in Europe??

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,107 Posts
Chryslers advertising is horrible and makes it easy to pick on. If you were a non Chrysler person would you rather but a car made in Italy or Mexico? I really don't see any quality issues But It seems with our local dealers (required?) new building he had to hire low wage people so he can pay the rent. During an oil change this guy found a damp seal problem now we have rear axle all over our driveway and so far has not taken us back for a week. If this is what people have to deal with I can;t blame them for getting upset.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,107 Posts
Yahoo recruits its writers from the Kindergarten so I would not be upset.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dr. Z, that is a valid arguent. I should respond directly to Yahoo, but they didn't give comment section.

Ed, it is still up.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Chrysler was looted by Daimler in the amount of $10 billion. Some say that figure is half of the actual amount.

Cerberus Capital Management,..... that was a train wreck that never should have happened. Either way Chrysler was bled dry of all funds, broke. Now Fiat is trying to build from the rubble and doing a great job but it takes time and big bucks to make all the changes. They have been putting big money into the high volume sellers, Ram, mini vans, and Grand Cherokee. Hopefully those profits will be used to fill the gaping holes in product line up with fresh models BEFORE the next down turn happens ?

As for Consumers Report, who believe them anymore except the cheap skates seeking the lowest prices all else be damned as they always do, think Wal-Martians ....

Reactions: danbo
1 - 15 of 15 Posts