Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You are the head of FCA

You are now in charge of FCA and can dictate what you want to happen. What would you do to the company and how would you prepare it (or not prepare it) for the future? What would you do with the brands, the models, outside prospects.

I've seen people play couch manager all the time on these forums and elsewhere, and would love to see all your ideas in one place. We can throw ideas back and forth and update our plans over time. Please share, and thank you for your time.

·
The "Front-Line" Perspective
3,245 Posts
Honestly, there's only 2 things that I really want to see happen:

1) Advertising/Marketing focused on brand advantages of FCA product - Ford and GM have phenomenal, feature/option/benefit commercials, and I feel as though not enough consumers understand WHY buy a CJDR. Our commercials and advertising tends to focus on price point and "Detroit, Jeep, Ram Diesel Fuel Economy/Cummins torque" stop.

2) There's no place in N.A. for Fiat, and Alfa is a niche within a niche. I feel as though our brand is too focused on these 2 and not nearly enough on CJDR. That being said, the focus we do have on CJDR is solely Jeep/Ram. I understand they're money makers, but I've come to appreciate more and more the idea of having a brand capable of accommodating a consumer throughout their lifetime and the changing vehicle needs they will encounter. a) fuel efficient/inexpensive b)mini-van c) SUV - the brands with immense loyalty are able to cater to this market perfectly ie. Honda, Toyota.

Rob

·
Premium Member
3,285 Posts
"Head of FCA" implies all markets and a global strategy. Not wanting to sound arrogant but I doubt most of us know enough about the other markets. I even doubt that among high-profile CEOs it is easy to find a true global leader.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can focus on whatever you want. I left it open ended for a reason. No experience needed, just your own expertise or lack there of.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Moving to Chrysler Chat. We have had this discussion in every news thread that involved corporate decisions.

Not sure why it needs to be rehashed again.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Keep up the brand offerings rationalisation+focussing in all world market regions. No flab and redundancy. Check.

'Premiumize' across the board, i.e., avoid like the plague commoditized offerings in commoditized brand-segments (except Fiat in LatAm, and even there....Toro etc), adjusting for market-demand conditions in different world market regions. Check.

Complete the net debt reduction to....zero by the stated early-2018. Check??

THEN: merge, merge, merge. ;-) Else the politics<--->economics in the usa and in europe (+latam+china) WILL take you 'down' as a long-term survivor/thriver, sooner rather than later, as it will a few other firms.

Pretty much what's well-underway, under Mr. Marchionne. He needs and ought to try and accomplish THAT 'merger' or whatever by his retirement date (2019, as stated/confessed.)

·
Registered
242 Posts
1. Fold Ram back into Dodge. Since muscle cars and pickups seem to have a similar audience, it could work.
2. Make a Dodge midsize under the Charger. Like RWD Dart, scaled up to full midsize.
3. Bring Fiat's full line to NAFTA to compete with Ford/Chevrolet/Toyota/Honda et cetera, and let Chrysler be a step below Alfa Romeo.
4. Sell off Lancia as it clearly has no value to FCA anymore.

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
The return of .........Plymouth!

LX based Valiant. No frills basic transportation in a larger car. V6 only. V100 and V200 variants only with fixed content for each version. Maybe a bench front seat to re-invent the basic 6-passenger American family sedan. No touch screens. Only dials, levers, and knobs.

Pacifica based Voyager. Again no frills basic transportation. Limited content package. For people who use the van as a van and don't worry about getting it dirty or scratches.

And of course.....The 'Cuda. Take advantage of your most iconic nameplate!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
The return of .........Plymouth!

LX based Valiant. No frills basic transportation in a larger car. V6 only. V100 and V200 variants only with fixed content for each version. Maybe a bench front seat to re-invent the basic 6-passenger American family sedan. No touch screens. Only dials, levers, and knobs.

Pacifica based Voyager. Again no frills basic transportation. Limited content package. For people who use the van as a van and don't worry about getting it dirty or scratches.

And of course.....The 'Cuda. Take advantage of your most iconic nameplate!
Miss the bench seat. Its like the car companys are purposly trying to get folks to give up cars and go to crossovers and suv where there is a bigger profit margin.
The new Impala which is a nice size car but when you sit in it, your squeezed in a cockpit. The same with the Tarus.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Here is what I would do... All plans by 2020 if possible, whether it is production, or a concept. Money will be focused on the core brands in North America and working to get Jeep and Chrysler more prominent in Europe and China especially. I think Chrysler could be seen as successful car in China as Buick is.

CHRYSLER

* Rebadge and sculpt the Tipo as a Chrysler 100 sedan. Make it very fuel friendly, with quality interior pieces. Beautiful inside much like the 200. Using the Pacifica's hybrid and electric tech, make and electric 100.
* Keep production of the 200 going. Work on future updates to the car, add a bigger engine to the line up for over 300hp for a very sporty edition. Possibly work on a 200 wagon? Maybe? Using the Pacifica's hybrid and electric tech, make a hybrid and electric 200.
* Sell the current 300 with minor refresh until new chassis is ready to go, then have a new generation 300, hopefully by 2020.
* Pacifica keeps chugging along.
* Using the chassis of the Maserati Lavante, make a smaller, luxurious SUV that is elegant, simple in design, and practical.
* Using the chassis of the next gen Wagoneer or Durango, a luxury SUV of larger scale is needed. Jump into the market that the Escalade, Navigator, Yukon, Tahoe, and others eat up with ridiculously high priced vehicles. Focus on practicality, fuel economy beating numbers, and a decent engine to keep it on par with the others. Doesn't need to be a speed demon. Focus on interior luxury and understated outside elegance based on 200 cues.

Long term project

* Sporty touring coupe that is elegant, sleek, and a flagship sports car for Chrysler. Think of it as being a cheaper Mercedes sports coupe, but with great performance and not nearly as expensive.

DODGE

* Bring over the Mexican Tipo/Neon. Make a sedan Neon, a hatchback Neon, and possibly a wagon Neon, but named something else.
* Keep the Dart for awhile, possibly make a hatch if sales figures show hatchbacks gaining in popularity.
* Possibly using the Dart's chassis or Alfa's Guila chassis, stretch it to make a truly midsize sports sedan. Make it sporty, sleek, aggressive. Bring back the Avenger name?
* Update the Charger till the next gen is ready.
* Challenger stays, preps for next generation, including a convertible.
* Barracuda could replace the Challenger, or could be alongside it as a smaller muscle car to more directly compete with the Mustang and Camaro. Focus on steering and handling to outclass them. Make convertible within a year or two or release.
* Journey is selling well, keep it till the new generation is ready.
* Using the smaller Compass platform, create a smaller SUV/CUV to fit beneath the Journey.
* Durango stays, we improve it till next generation.
* Possibly a bigger SUV, bigger then the Durango, to compete directly with Yukon's Expedition's and Suburban's.
* Grand Caravan stays as a cheap alternative van with sporty looks. Keep the same for awhile until we can focus on a new chassis. It still sells good.
* Sadly, might stop Viper production to save money, but when the time is right, the Viper is rumbling back.

Long term project

* If the time is right, using the next generation Charger chassis, the Magnum is coming back!
* If I plan to kill off Fiat in the US market, see if we can use the Fiat 124 body on a rebadged Dodge product maybe? Small sports convertible?

RAM

* Keep the 1500, 2500, 3500 going, with refreshes, prepping for the next ten with best in class towing and fuel.
* Midsized truck needed. This is a top priority to jump on this before we are last to the market.
* Surpise everyone with a small pickup that would be based off the Wrangler pickup. A true small pickup. Not one that grows every generation. There is a market for that, so keep it cheap and simple and if people like it, we can improve on it with better materials.
* ProMaster and ProMaster City get new front end design, continue improvements.
* Possibly develop a large SUV, possibly not, might just keep it with Dodge.

JEEP

* Release a new Compass on the new platform.
* Keep selling the dated Patriot at reduced costs. It is a hot seller, no need to stop selling it until sales dip. Possibly spin off a Patriot based tiny pickup.
* Keep selling the Renegade. Look into a convertible top option just for the heck of it? Soft top of course.
* Better, more fuel efficient Wrangler.
* Wrangler based small pickup. Pick up niche market from that.
* Keep Cherokee, prepare for refreshes till next gen.
* Grand Cherokee will get refreshed till next gen. If development underway for a Trackhawk variant, continue with development, if not, stop production, as it is a waste of resources.
* Grand Wagoneer will be a larger SUV with focus on luxury as well as a variant for off road ability.

Long term project

* Mini Jeep based off the chassis of the Fiat 500. Super small, super capable off road runt that is meant just for pure fun. Drive it fast over dunes, or rock crawl. Meant to be a niche, simple, cheap, easy to repair fun vehicle. Basic, no fancy luxuries other then maybe air conditioning. It needs to be cheap to produce for a cheap price otherwise don't work on it.

ALFA ROMEO

* Because so much time, effort, and money was already spent on trying to revive this brand, I will begrudgingly keep it going. I want them back, but not at the expense of losing Chrysler of Dodge.
* Keep the Guila in production, us it's chassis for other brands.
* An SUV using the Maserati Lavante body and chassis will be re-sculpted as an Alfa SUV.
* Get the 4C ready for some minor updates.
* Reduce dealers and consolidate showrooms to Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram dealers if possible or lump with Fiat and Maserati. This will allow cross shopping of cheaper Chrysler products.

FIAT

* Reduce dealers, consolidate showrooms to Alfa, Fiat, and Maserati as an Italian trifecta! Focus in key large city markets. Dealers struggling with so few products, but without good performance, don't care to spend a ton of money on this brand.
* Make an electric 500.
* Keep 124 Spider.
* Look into bringing the Punto into the US market, whether as a Fiat or rebadged product.
* Do not bring the Tipo to the US as a Fiat, keep Fiat as niche vehicles that are unique only to them.
* Keep lineup small and niche. Minor improvements over time, but poor sales means, less money spent on this brand. Focus on core brands.

MASERATI

* Keep current cars with minor refreshes, but focus on core brands. If touring car chassis built for future Chrysler product above, use to build a new Maserati product.
* Reduce dealers, consolidate showrooms to Alfa, Fiat, and Maserati as an Italian trifecta! Focus in key large city markets.

LANCIA

* Sell current product but prepare for brand reduction, dealer reduction and eventual hiatus. Possibly sell rebadged Tipo's or Punto's in developing markets as a cheap car.

R&D

*Improve chassis and build a interchangeable chassis that can be used for nearly all cars/SUV's and crossovers.
*Work on electric motors and hybrid tech for better fuel economy.

Long Term Pipe Dream

* Bring back Plymouth as a cheap auto brand with no frills.

·
Super Moderator
36,952 Posts
Simply I'd keep the brands where they are the strongest. I'd share basic structure, but not suspensions, trim, overall stying or some powertrains.
So North America would get a fuller, semi-premium Chrysler lineup. Dodge would fold back in Ram, become mainstream again but also have the performance cars.
Ram would remain as the commercial brand in areas where Dodge cars aren't sold because the word "dodge" has some unpleasant connotations in other parts of the world.
Jeep would stay as is. Maserati would stay as is (and remain a niche player in the US).
Lancia would be Chrysler's counterpart - but more than a grill change as the last cars were.
Alfa Romeo would be a niche car in the US - sorry not worth the cost it is consuming. It can remain a big deal in Europe.
Fiat would become a niche in the US as well. Larger Fiats could become the fuel efficient Dodges necessary for a volume lineup but they would have to be much more than a Fiat with a Dodge badge.

I would recognize the differences in North America (and even US vs. Canada) vs. Europe vs. APAC. Spending money to establish brands where they don't exist is a luxury I would not spend money on.

·
The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"
2,644 Posts
The first thing I would do would be to re-align the roles of Belvidere and Toluca in the factory shuffle, and to cement the FWD lineups for the US and Canada.

Toluca:
1. Discontinue production of the Fiat 500. Discontinue sales of the 500 in the US until it can be imported profitably from Poland or Italy.
2. Discontinue the Journey. Convert Toluca into North America's CUSW plant*. Build the Cherokee, 200, and Chrysler D-CUV there. Price each one to be profitable. Build only as many of the Chrysler vehicles as the market demands without rebates or other incentives. Use the rest of the production capacity to build Cherokees for NAFTA and LATAM.

*Building the D-segment Chryslers in Mexico would increase their margins. Building the Cherokee in Mexico would allow it to be exported to Brazil and other LATAM markets, where it is not currently offered. Jeep is a global brand, right?

Belvidere:
1. Discontinue production of the Dart. Refresh the Dart (9-speed, AWD, Hurricane engines) and begin importing it, in both sedan and hatchback bodystyles, from FCA GAC's CUSW plant in Changsha. Build only as many Darts as the market demands without rebates or incentives.
2. Retool Belvidere to be North America's SUSW wide plant. Begin production of the new Compass.
3. Evaluate the SUSW family's current (Renegade, 500X, 500L, ProMaster City, Tipo/Neon, Toro) and future (Fiat C-CUV, next-gen Strada, new B-segment sedan/hatch, etc.) lineups and determine if there is a business case for producing any of them at Belvidere with the Compass. Renegade and/or a Chrysler C-CUV would seem most likely.

Also:
1. Start producing four Tipo-based vehicles for export to the US and NAFTA at the 500L assembly plant in Serbia (they recently lost their third shift due to low sales): Dodge Neon sedan and hatchback, and Chrysler 100 sedan and wagon. Produce only as many of these as the market demands without rebates or incentives. Make the Dodges aggressive and sporty with SRT variants, and make the Chryslers fuel-efficient and comfortable, with Aero and premium (C or Platinum) versions.

So, the FWD line-up for the US and Canada would be:
CHRYSLER: 100 sedan and wagon (Serbia); 200 sedan and Journey CUV (Toluca); and Pacifica (Windsor). Possibly a C-CUV (Belvidere) and/or E-CUV (Windsor).

DODGE: Neon sedan and hatchback (Serbia); Dart sedan and hatchback (Changsha).

JEEP: Renegade (Melfi and/or Belvidere); Compass (Belvidere); Cherokee (Toluca).

RAM: ProMaster City (Turkey); ProMaster (Saltillo Van).

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Branding:

Chrysler - Mainstream, Fuel efficient FWD/AWD Sedans
Dodge - Performance RWD/AWD Sedans
Jeep - SUVs
Ram - Unchanged

Plant Shuffle:

Toluca - SUSW
-Compass
-Renegade
-Chrysler 100

Toledo - JL BOF
-Wrangler
-Wrangler Unlimited
-Wrangler Truck

Belvidere - CUSW (to change in next generation Cherokee)
-Cherokee

Jefferson North - WK3
-Grand Cherokee

Warren - WK3
-Wagoneer
-Commander (replaces Durango)

Sterling Heights - BOF
-Ram 1500
-Dakota

Windsor - CUSW
-Pacifica (FWD/AWD)
-Chrysler 200 (FWD/AWD)
-Chrysler 300 (FWD/AWD)

Brampton - L (to GUS)
-Charger
-Challenger
-Avenger

Lineups:

Chrysler:
-Pacifica

Dodge:
-Dart (Imported from Italy base don Giulia)
-Avenger
-Charger
-Challenger

Jeep:
-Wrangler
-Wrangler Unlimited
-Wrangler Truck
-Renegade
-Compass
-Cherokee
-Grand Cherokee
-Commander
-Wagoneer

Ram:
-Dakota

Reactions: Ian

·
2,644 Posts
Branding:

Chrysler - Mainstream, Fuel efficient FWD/AWD Sedans
Dodge - Performance RWD/AWD Sedans
Jeep - SUVs
Ram - Unchanged

Plant Shuffle:

Toluca - SUSW
-Compass
-Renegade
-Chrysler 100

Toledo - JL BOF
-Wrangler
-Wrangler Unlimited
-Wrangler Truck

Belvidere - CUSW (to change in next generation Cherokee)
-Cherokee

Jefferson North - WK3
-Grand Cherokee

Warren - WK3
-Wagoneer
-Commander (replaces Durango)

Sterling Heights - BOF
-Ram 1500
-Dakota

Windsor - CUSW
-Pacifica (FWD/AWD)
-Chrysler 200 (FWD/AWD)
-Chrysler 300 (FWD/AWD)

Brampton - L (to GUS)
-Charger
-Challenger
-Avenger

Lineups:

Chrysler:
-Pacifica

Dodge:
-Dart (Imported from Italy base don Giulia)
-Avenger
-Charger
-Challenger

Jeep:
-Wrangler
-Wrangler Unlimited
-Wrangler Truck
-Renegade
-Compass
-Cherokee
-Grand Cherokee
-Commander
-Wagoneer

Ram:
-Dakota
It's interesting how closely you stuck to the actual plans. You made a few tweaks to simplify things, and you managed to keep most of the production in North America.

I noticed that you have consolidated all SUV/CUV branding to Jeep. This makes a lot of sense and I think it could work but raises just a couple of questions.

1. What about the sporty RWD D-CUV for Dodge? Will that market be covered by the RWD Cherokee and Alfa D-CUV instead? Would you do a Cherokee SRT like the GC SRT?

2. No FWD CUVs larger than the Compass? So, no Journey replacement, and no direct Traverse competitor? Will the larger RWD Jeeps be fuel-efficient enough to sacrifice FWD replacements for the Cherokee and Journey, as well as a Traverse competitor?

3. Will Dodge and Chrysler brand customers (especially Journey and Durango owners) naturally turn to Jeep for their UVs? I think it is possible and that the loss of any of those customers might be made up for by the savings gained by not developing and producing UVs for those brands.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
It's interesting how closely you stuck to the actual plans. You made a few tweaks to simplify things, and you managed to keep most of the production in North America.

I noticed that you have consolidated all SUV/CUV branding to Jeep. This makes a lot of sense and I think it could work but raises just a couple of questions.

1. What about the sporty RWD D-CUV for Dodge? Will that market be covered by the RWD Cherokee and Alfa D-CUV instead? Would you do a Cherokee SRT like the GC SRT?

2. No FWD CUVs larger than the Compass? So, no Journey replacement, and no direct Traverse competitor? Will the larger RWD Jeeps be fuel-efficient enough to sacrifice FWD replacements for the Cherokee and Journey, as well as a Traverse competitor?

3. Will Dodge and Chrysler brand customers (especially Journey and Durango owners) naturally turn to Jeep for their UVs? I think it is possible and that the loss of any of those customers might be made up for by the savings gained by not developing and producing UVs for those brands.
1) Dodge will have a hard time selling a CUV.....even a sporty one. I do not see numbers going very high. Durango is lucky that it is limited by demand for Grand Cherokee because it would not have the capacity to fill a plant by itself. Yes, if Jeep is going to have Trackhawk models, give it a full lineup.

2) Chrysler & Dodge have trouble selling CUVs. They need to be focused on their niche, which is low volume sedans. We already know that CUSW is not well suited for SUVs in comparison to SUSW. The next Cherokee should go on a shortened WK3 platform or a stretched SUSW platform.

3) Journey and Durango together barely sell enough to fill an assembly plant. Journey is discounted and there is no suitable platform for it. CUSW is not as fuel efficient as SUSW (class relative) so it will not make a great Jouney. Jeep is the SUV brand, so no cheating by sneaking one into Dodge or Chrysler. If Fiat wants a Freemont replacement, they can build it outside NAFTA.

·
2,644 Posts
The first thing I would do would be to re-align the roles of Belvidere and Toluca in the factory shuffle, and to cement the FWD lineups for the US and Canada.

Toluca:
1. Discontinue production of the Fiat 500. Discontinue sales of the 500 in the US until it can be imported profitably from Poland or Italy.
2. Discontinue the Journey. Convert Toluca into North America's CUSW plant*. Build the Cherokee, 200, and Chrysler D-CUV there. Price each one to be profitable. Build only as many of the Chrysler vehicles as the market demands without rebates or other incentives. Use the rest of the production capacity to build Cherokees for NAFTA and LATAM.

*Building the D-segment Chryslers in Mexico would increase their margins. Building the Cherokee in Mexico would allow it to be exported to Brazil and other LATAM markets, where it is not currently offered. Jeep is a global brand, right?

Belvidere:
1. Discontinue production of the Dart. Refresh the Dart (9-speed, AWD, Hurricane engines) and begin importing it, in both sedan and hatchback bodystyles, from FCA GAC's CUSW plant in Changsha. Build only as many Darts as the market demands without rebates or incentives.
2. Retool Belvidere to be North America's SUSW wide plant. Begin production of the new Compass.
3. Evaluate the SUSW family's current (Renegade, 500X, 500L, ProMaster City, Tipo/Neon, Toro) and future (Fiat C-CUV, next-gen Strada, new B-segment sedan/hatch, etc.) lineups and determine if there is a business case for producing any of them at Belvidere with the Compass. Renegade and/or a Chrysler C-CUV would seem most likely.

Also:
1. Start producing four Tipo-based vehicles for export to the US and NAFTA at the 500L assembly plant in Serbia (they recently lost their third shift due to low sales): Dodge Neon sedan and hatchback, and Chrysler 100 sedan and wagon. Produce only as many of these as the market demands without rebates or incentives. Make the Dodges aggressive and sporty with SRT variants, and make the Chryslers fuel-efficient and comfortable, with Aero and premium (C or Platinum) versions.

So, the FWD line-up for the US and Canada would be:
CHRYSLER: 100 sedan and wagon (Serbia); 200 sedan and Journey CUV (Toluca); and Pacifica (Windsor). Possibly a C-CUV (Belvidere) and/or E-CUV (Windsor).

DODGE: Neon sedan and hatchback (Serbia); Dart sedan and hatchback (Changsha).

JEEP: Renegade (Melfi and/or Belvidere); Compass (Belvidere); Cherokee (Toluca).

RAM: ProMaster City (Turkey); ProMaster (Saltillo Van).
The second thing I would do would be to examine the feasibility of moving Ram out of the Saltillo plant. Such high-margin vehicles make more sense coming from a US plant. I would make sure that the renovations of SHAP included sufficient upgrades and expansion that all Ram truck production, including the HDs and chassis cabs, would come from SHAP. If, through expansion, SHAP had any extra capacity, I would look at the business case for building a midsize pickup and/or a full-size SUV.

I would then retool Saltillo and Brampton and use them as production sites for RWD Chrysler and Dodge cars. (Durango and Wagoneer at Warren; GC at JNAP).

Saltillo would produce D-segment CUVs for both brands and D-/E- segment sedans (Avenger and Newport), which would share their architecture with the Alfa E-sedan and would slot above the 200 but below the 300/Charger.

Brampton would produce the all-new and still RWD Challenger, Charger, and 300, and I would add a Quattroporte-sized Chrysler New Yorker flagship to Brampton as well.

All Dodge vehicles would be high-volume, affordable, sporty mainstream vehicles with SRT high-performance models, like the current Charger and Challenger.

I would keep the production numbers of the RWD Chryslers low (sharing plants with high-volume Dodges would allow this) and the prices high, and not offer any rebates or incentives on them.

Depending upon how well the higher-priced RWD Chryslers are received, I would consider spinning the FWD Chryslers (100, 200, D-CUV, Pacifica, maybe C- and/or D-CUVs) into their own brand ("Eagle" or "Plymouth").

I would make every effort to expand every brand into as many markets internationally as possible.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is what I would do... All plans by 2020 if possible, whether it is production, or a concept. Money will be focused on the core brands in North America and working to get Jeep and Chrysler more prominent in Europe and China especially. I think Chrysler could be seen as successful car in China as Buick is.

CHRYSLER

* Rebadge and sculpt the Tipo as a Chrysler 100 sedan. Make it very fuel friendly, with quality interior pieces. Beautiful inside much like the 200. Using the Pacifica's hybrid and electric tech, make and electric 100.
* Keep production of the 200 going. Work on future updates to the car, add a bigger engine to the line up for over 300hp for a very sporty edition. Possibly work on a 200 wagon? Maybe? Using the Pacifica's hybrid and electric tech, make a hybrid and electric 200.
* Sell the current 300 with minor refresh until new chassis is ready to go, then have a new generation 300, hopefully by 2020.
* Pacifica keeps chugging along.
* Using the chassis of the Maserati Lavante, make a smaller, luxurious SUV that is elegant, simple in design, and practical.
* Using the chassis of the next gen Wagoneer or Durango, a luxury SUV of larger scale is needed. Jump into the market that the Escalade, Navigator, Yukon, Tahoe, and others eat up with ridiculously high priced vehicles. Focus on practicality, fuel economy beating numbers, and a decent engine to keep it on par with the others. Doesn't need to be a speed demon. Focus on interior luxury and understated outside elegance based on 200 cues.

Long term project

* Sporty touring coupe that is elegant, sleek, and a flagship sports car for Chrysler. Think of it as being a cheaper Mercedes sports coupe, but with great performance and not nearly as expensive.

DODGE

* Bring over the Mexican Tipo/Neon. Make a sedan Neon, a hatchback Neon, and possibly a wagon Neon, but named something else.
* Keep the Dart for awhile, possibly make a hatch if sales figures show hatchbacks gaining in popularity.
* Possibly using the Dart's chassis or Alfa's Guila chassis, stretch it to make a truly midsize sports sedan. Make it sporty, sleek, aggressive. Bring back the Avenger name?
* Update the Charger till the next gen is ready.
* Challenger stays, preps for next generation, including a convertible.
* Barracuda could replace the Challenger, or could be alongside it as a smaller muscle car to more directly compete with the Mustang and Camaro. Focus on steering and handling to outclass them. Make convertible within a year or two or release.
* Journey is selling well, keep it till the new generation is ready.
* Using the smaller Compass platform, create a smaller SUV/CUV to fit beneath the Journey.
* Durango stays, we improve it till next generation.
* Possibly a bigger SUV, bigger then the Durango, to compete directly with Yukon's Expedition's and Suburban's.
* Grand Caravan stays as a cheap alternative van with sporty looks. Keep the same for awhile until we can focus on a new chassis. It still sells good.
* Sadly, might stop Viper production to save money, but when the time is right, the Viper is rumbling back.

Long term project

* If the time is right, using the next generation Charger chassis, the Magnum is coming back!
* If I plan to kill off Fiat in the US market, see if we can use the Fiat 124 body on a rebadged Dodge product maybe? Small sports convertible?

RAM

* Keep the 1500, 2500, 3500 going, with refreshes, prepping for the next ten with best in class towing and fuel.
* Midsized truck needed. This is a top priority to jump on this before we are last to the market.
* Surpise everyone with a small pickup that would be based off the Wrangler pickup. A true small pickup. Not one that grows every generation. There is a market for that, so keep it cheap and simple and if people like it, we can improve on it with better materials.
* ProMaster and ProMaster City get new front end design, continue improvements.
* Possibly develop a large SUV, possibly not, might just keep it with Dodge.

JEEP

* Release a new Compass on the new platform.
* Keep selling the dated Patriot at reduced costs. It is a hot seller, no need to stop selling it until sales dip. Possibly spin off a Patriot based tiny pickup.
* Keep selling the Renegade. Look into a convertible top option just for the heck of it? Soft top of course.
* Better, more fuel efficient Wrangler.
* Wrangler based small pickup. Pick up niche market from that.
* Keep Cherokee, prepare for refreshes till next gen.
* Grand Cherokee will get refreshed till next gen. If development underway for a Trackhawk variant, continue with development, if not, stop production, as it is a waste of resources.
* Grand Wagoneer will be a larger SUV with focus on luxury as well as a variant for off road ability.

Long term project

* Mini Jeep based off the chassis of the Fiat 500. Super small, super capable off road runt that is meant just for pure fun. Drive it fast over dunes, or rock crawl. Meant to be a niche, simple, cheap, easy to repair fun vehicle. Basic, no fancy luxuries other then maybe air conditioning. It needs to be cheap to produce for a cheap price otherwise don't work on it.

ALFA ROMEO

* Because so much time, effort, and money was already spent on trying to revive this brand, I will begrudgingly keep it going. I want them back, but not at the expense of losing Chrysler of Dodge.
* Keep the Guila in production, us it's chassis for other brands.
* An SUV using the Maserati Lavante body and chassis will be re-sculpted as an Alfa SUV.
* Get the 4C ready for some minor updates.
* Reduce dealers and consolidate showrooms to Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram dealers if possible or lump with Fiat and Maserati. This will allow cross shopping of cheaper Chrysler products.

FIAT

* Reduce dealers, consolidate showrooms to Alfa, Fiat, and Maserati as an Italian trifecta! Focus in key large city markets. Dealers struggling with so few products, but without good performance, don't care to spend a ton of money on this brand.
* Make an electric 500.
* Keep 124 Spider.
* Look into bringing the Punto into the US market, whether as a Fiat or rebadged product.
* Do not bring the Tipo to the US as a Fiat, keep Fiat as niche vehicles that are unique only to them.
* Keep lineup small and niche. Minor improvements over time, but poor sales means, less money spent on this brand. Focus on core brands.

MASERATI

* Keep current cars with minor refreshes, but focus on core brands. If touring car chassis built for future Chrysler product above, use to build a new Maserati product.
* Reduce dealers, consolidate showrooms to Alfa, Fiat, and Maserati as an Italian trifecta! Focus in key large city markets.

LANCIA

* Sell current product but prepare for brand reduction, dealer reduction and eventual hiatus. Possibly sell rebadged Tipo's or Punto's in developing markets as a cheap car.

R&D

*Improve chassis and build a interchangeable chassis that can be used for nearly all cars/SUV's and crossovers.
*Work on electric motors and hybrid tech for better fuel economy.

Long Term Pipe Dream

* Bring back Plymouth as a cheap auto brand with no frills.

[URL='https://www.allpar.com/forums/threads/photography-renderings.163433/page-2#post-1084795768']I am working on including concept models I have made as well. For example, here is the Renegade based pickup, instead of my Patriot based pickup.

Here is the long term Dodge Magnum idea, which I would take from the next gen Charger. This is going to be fun making these!

[/url]

1 - 20 of 122 Posts