Allpar Forums banner
141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
24,239 Posts
I was surprised to see that Amsoil now meets MS-6395. It didn't used to.
Mobil1 now has approval also.

Pennzoil synthetic & Mopar filters for my baby. ;)
In case of supply chain issues:
Mammal Rectangle Font Art Magenta

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,221 Posts
I was surprised to see that Amsoil now meets MS-6395. It didn't used to.
Mobil1 now has approval also.

Pennzoil synthetic & Mopar filters for my baby. ;)
In case of supply chain issues:
View attachment 89395
I got my Pennzoil from my work. We sell 0w20 made from natural gas. I didn't realize that the dealer took care of that once a year for three years. It won't go to waste.

·
Super Moderator
24,239 Posts
Does anyone have the TSB on the 3.6 Leaking Oil Housing Recall? So is the leak caused by wear & tear of changing oil or is there a problem with the housing?
I don't think that it was ever a 'recall' or a 'TSB'. Any engine oil or coolant leak has to be taken on a case-by-case basis. There is no 'blanket' leak cause.
As for the plastic oil filter housing, I asked some Chrysler techs if they thought the oil leak was because of over-tightening the filter cap. They didn't think so.
They blamed a vendor that had quality issues. Apparently there were a couple of different vendors for this assembly.
I think that most of the leaks were from the special o-rings. Some of the leaks were from cracked or separating housings. Many of these housings may still have been good.

In order to 'play it safe' and not have to do the job a 2nd time, the 'tribal' procedure became to replace the housing on ALL of them.
This created a backorder situation. Customers had to drive a leaking car until the backorder lifted and the part came in. Not a good look.
The factory stepped in and maybe paid a little more warranty time to the techs to do the o-rings first and leak check it. If it still leaked, the car got more diagnosis.

Product Automotive tire Font Motor vehicle Flooring

Font Circle Clock Number Oval

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ive got right at 200,000 on my 3.6 in my Charger. Has never ticked once. Just recently did my second tune up on it and it runs like a top. Maybe 2014 was a good year for them. So far the only mechanical issue ive had was i had to replace the thermostat, but other than that its been a runner.

·
Super Moderator
24,239 Posts
Agree. For the majority of owners, this has been & continues to be a world-class, benchmark engine.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I'm lucky. 100,000 miles on the ’13 and not a trace of problems. That said, I'm going out to check the oil now ;)
Over 100k on our 13 charger awd too. The 3.6 has been a trooper. Gotta give the rotors and tierods a check though. But it has been a relatively maintenance free vehicle for the nearly 10 years of ownership we have had it.

·
Premium Member
3,527 Posts
Meanwhile at Ford…

If you add their issues with the DCT it amazes me it hasn’t had a bigger impact on their reputation.

Or are all these outliners?

·
Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
2,528 Posts
Meanwhile at Ford…

If you add their issues with the DCT it amazes me it hasn’t had a bigger impact on their reputation.

Or are all these outliners?
First problem was them buying a Ford C-max in the first place

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 3.6 Crew
7,133 Posts
First problem was them buying a Ford C-max in the first place
In today's level of engineering and assembly and with all the recall cost incentives, a car should be reliable except for assembly issues or an occasional part quality issue. (Electronics somewhat exempted as it is so fast changing)

141 - 151 of 151 Posts