Allpar Forums banner

201 - 219 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Blame the Internet with countless Renders. IMO, i like the looks of this overall. this will be a Rick James smack to Cadillac with their poor attempt with the XT6. The Summit Version Starts at $55k, still less than the XT6. Super Cruise isnt going to save it.
It’s not the renders, it just looks like a design that would’ve been fresh a couple of years ago. This design was frozen a long time ago and it shows.
Grand Cherokee is Lincoln's competitor nowadays. You can add Audi Q7 into the mix of you prefer it.

I would not use EPA's leg room dimensions as accurate. Besides you can't directly compare FWD vs RWD.

Even if this is true I would point to a rear suspension design as feature which eats some of space at the rear. Independent rear suspension is very similar as one on WK2, it's different then on on-road biased Giulia and Stelvio.
Saying you can’t compare FWD and RWD is bogus. The consumer will gladly compare. It’s telling that the Ford Explorer has more room. That being said, as others have noted, it probably doesn’t matter. The third row of the BMW X5, for example, is tiny.

·
Registered
12,733 Posts

·
Registered
12,733 Posts
I do like the styling.

But I feel consumers will confuse it with Wagoneer.

Yes, size may help distinguish them side by side.

Reactions: UN4GTBL and KrisW

·
Registered
12,733 Posts

·
Registered
12,733 Posts
Now we watch to see if this cuts into Grand Cherokee sales similar to how Commander sales volume was equal to Grand Cherokee decrease in volume.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
They are finally moving away from Harman sound systems. Some reviews were not positive.

McIntosh for Jeeps. They will use Italian brand Sonus Faber for Maserati. Both are part of McIntosh Group.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
One thing I can appreciate about the exterior is that it is more boxy- I think that aspect is great. I really can't wait for the drive reviews. Moving off of that heavy (but solid) platform should allow this car to be more dynamic while maintaining ride quality.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,016 Posts
With the commander sized rear seat, I'm sure the (non-grand) Wagoneer will get some more looks too.

The scale in width will not confuse, I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Have they said whether Wagoneer = short wheel base and Grand Wagoneer = long wheel base? Or are they still going after this silly 'Wagoneer' sub-brand trim thing, which they should really abandon, it's silly.

There will be a SWB and LWB Wagoneer variant, according to MoparInsiders.com - Long Wheelbase Models Of The Jeep® Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer Are Coming: - MoparInsiders

But they LWB may not arrive until 2023, although I'm not sure if they mean calendar or model year.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Have they said whether Wagoneer = short wheel base and Grand Wagoneer = long wheel base? Or are they still going after this silly 'Wagoneer' sub-brand trim thing, which they should really abandon, it's silly.

There will be a SWB and LWB Wagoneer variant, according to MoparInsiders.com - Long Wheelbase Models Of The Jeep® Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer Are Coming: - MoparInsiders

But they LWB may not arrive until 2023, although I'm not sure if they mean calendar or model year.
Maybe Wagoneer L and Grand Wagoneer L for the LWB versions.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
One thing I can appreciate about the exterior is that it is more boxy- I think that aspect is great. I really can't wait for the drive reviews. Moving off of that heavy (but solid) platform should allow this car to be more dynamic while maintaining ride quality.
I've driven the WK2 that my folks own, a rather new one. It's definitely a much nicer vehicle than my 08 WK CRD. That said, the WK (which got new ball joints last year) is like a sports car in turns compared to their WK2. It's like the difference between the 20 year old E46 BMW (320d) I owned 2 years ago in Germany and my 09 Challenger RT taking a tight turn. I'm really looking forward to the WL74. My Dad will probably want to replace the WK2 with the WL75 in a few years before the warranty expires. He wanted a Durango, but Mom drives it to work all the time, and wanted the Jeep. Dad farms and has a newer 2500 standard cab gasser 4x4. Mom should retire this year.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The Grand Cherokee L starts production at Mack, followed by the Grand Cherokee.

Jefferson North will get an investment after Grand Cherokee production ends there this fall.

Interestingly, it has been announced that Durango SRT Hellcat production will end at the same time.

To retool the Jefferson North, Durango production may have to stop.

The question is: Will Durango production start up again?

I think most do not believe the rumors about Durango going to Warren and becoming a BOF SUV.
Durango will remain on wk2 platform and be built alongside the WL 2 row at jnap until 2024.

·
Registered
12,733 Posts
They didnt redo the interior of the whole Durango line for nothing.
But they retooled Sterling Heights for the new Chrysler 200 that lasted less than 3 years.

If Durango sales drop, do you think it will last long?

Reactions: page2171
201 - 219 of 219 Posts