Allpar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
2,764 Posts
This design looked just fine to me back when it was shown, but now, so many years later, it looks dated.
Also, to me, the grille looks too big, and with too much chrome for my tastes.

Just my USD 2¢ ;)
I think there is a right amount of chrome tbh.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Compared to modern Toyotas, Lexus, and maybe a few other Chinese, and Asian brands, It's a classic, non-offensive front end. You could consider it a sharper evolution of the 200 sedan as well.
I don't think it looks bad just too similar is all. I agree it's non offensive.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Yes, That's the timeline I searched for, 1938. Not sure how long they used it and I saw a red one as well. I would use it on higher end Chryslers if the line stays.
I have seen a red one as well. I use to go to junkyards that had cars that old in it still and would see the emblems like that.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Here we go. It's pretty rough, but the first new rendering I've done in a bit. Click the image for it's full size. If you look too close, it gets rough. This would fill the slot the excellent Chrysler 200S/C was in.

Not too bad. I would add more chrome though.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Chrysler used to excel in interior space. The Neon and LH cars, as well as any minivan, were prime examples. But many recent vehicles are not the best. The LX and following variations were not overly roomy. Cherokee managed to take a decent exterior size and somehow end up with compromised cargo space. Renegade is boxy but narrow. The WK based Jeeps were fairly roomy, but there is no side-to-side knee room.
Passenger comfort needs to be a priority.
I was always surprised at how much interior space was in a Dodge Neon for the size of the car. Didn't actually feel like a small car while driving it.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Yeah, you had to duck a bit to get in, but once you were fine. Even my long legs were fine in one.
I could see that. It worked great for me since I'm not that tall. What I enjoyed about it was the steering. It seemed very responsive and smooth like the Stratus.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts