Allpar Forums banner

Chrysler's Future Design Language: What Should It Be?

30372 282
Chrysler's Future Design Language

What do you think Chrysler's future design language should be? Anybody feel like sharing designs they made, or aspects of other designs are certainly welcome to do so. Should the design be distinctive, smooth, luxurious, generic, etc? Should there be a corporate design across all products or should vehicles vary? What would you like to see out of Chrysler's future designs?

I designed something awhile back... Not sure it holds merit today (I'm not professional, just having fun obviously). I posted it in the quote below.

Been working on a new concept car. It's a Chrysler product... it looks somewhat sporty and maybe luxurious. I would probably at this point call it a concept Chrysler Concorde. I also like the name Chrysler Atlantic. Still working on finalizing.

I feel the headlight's are too cliche looking at this point and seem to look a bit Audi-like while the grille isn't Chrysler-y enough. But I feel if tweaked some more I could make it seem more Chrysler like... and who knows, maybe it does look like a Chrysler! I could be overly hard on myself here. That said, I like the shape of this car.

Hello again everyone! Been working on a Chrysler mid-size. I thought of many different names and ended up clapping the Concorde name on this. That name might be too outdated, but it just seemed to fit here. I was trying to think of original names are well going off geographic locations that fit with the "Pacific" and "Atlantic" style names. I wanted the car to be sleek and sporty, but luxurious inside. So this is a work in progress. I might slim the grille.

Any thoughts welcome and hope you enjoy.
You can see my Mopar photo and all my poorly done renders at this link (within the forum).

Now let's hear from you on what you think Chrysler's future design language should be like?
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Rebadging Chryslers from PSA
No. No. Why do we accept this and promote it? Why do we accept these HORRIBLE rebadges and the very idea of them. Chrysler is a fantastic brand that deserves much better then STUPID rebadges. CHRYSLER can be the design leader here. Use the platforms/chassis that need to be shared, but build a unique body over the top It doesn't have to be a rebadge. We as Chrysler enthusiasts don't need to accept this cruddy rebadge talk all the time.

That is devaluing the brand. It needs to stop.

By the way JeepandRams, I am not picking on you specially, just the idea you/and others have presented relating to this. ;)

· Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
So we've now been given hints of Chrysler's future design language! We saw vehicles during the Chrysler EV event that seem rather interesting. Here are some photos of the Chrysler/Dodge portion.

Many are calling this the Chrysler Airflow, but we really don't know. We do see a bit of the Chrysler 200 in the front end of this design, but towards the rear it becomes more CUV in shape, more like a lifted sedan. Something we are seeing Ford do with the Fusion replacement in the Evos.

This next SUV has been thrown around as a Dodge or a Chrysler depending on who you ask. So we cannot be too sure this is a Chrysler. It definitely looks like it is meant to be sporty. It also shares a rounded front end similar to the Chrysler EV we saw above, but also the rear seems to allude to the rear of the sedan posted below.

Yes, this. Some call it the next Charger, some day the Hammerhead, others know it's just a sedan. Some sources say this is even the next Chrysler luxury sedan. So imagine if this was indeed a rough idea of a future Chrysler sedan. It is a sleek design with almost a hatch-style rear. The rear "spoiler" beautifully transitions to a side haunch, but more elegantly done then say a Charger.

While the mottos for each brand is cringe, it is worth noting that despite that motto, Chrysler may go upscale. The "Airflow" concept we see is clearly more fancy than not. As well, if any of these other two designs are a Chrysler, it does have a nice sleek design that could do nicely as a luxury vehicle. Chrysler definitely has access to luxury materials since Jeep and Ram do now. Imagine Chrysler shaking things up like the Genesis brand has.

So what can we get from this? Will the design be a further evolution of what the Chrysler 200 started? Will they use any cues from that rare Chrysler Manta concept we saw long ago. Is this all a good thing for Chrysler going forward? To think... people were "good" with just giving Chrysler rebadged products... absolutely shameful.

· Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Here is a fluff piece talking about the Chrysler Airflow EV. I don't know if they are several months late to the party on talking about this, but they go on a tangent about design language. Article. The author claims the design is made to compete with the Mach E and made to look like it. I think their argument is flawed in how they frame it, but the vehicle is meant to compete against other EVs, whatever they may be.

· Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
I think the direction that Lincoln has gone in the last few years but a bit more squarish and flat roofed on sedans is what I would want.
This! But here is my fear. Lincoln sales, despite the much better designs and interior improvements, have not gone up. They are still floundering. Are these old legacy brands never going to pick up? Are people just not buying these brand names anymore? But I agree, Lincoln is making some pretty solid designs now. I loved the Continental, and I had a weird fascination wit the MKZ... don't ask. ;) The new Navigator was a bold statement and the newer Aviator is a very modern design.

I personally always loved the front end design of the older Imperial concept. I really disliked the rear... so I won't show it. ;)

· Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Time for some new photos of the Chrysler Airflow... well... it's kinda not ideal, but it is what it is. These were a part of a pamphlet for the Stellantis CES event for 2022. You can read more about it here.

· Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
I proposed a Chrysler design language awhile back with this concept. It was to evolve Chrysler's design to being smooth and sleek, similar to how they made things smooth with the beautiful 2015 Chrysler 200S/C.... but here it's taken to a whole new level. It's just a hand drawn doodle, so it's not the best, but you get the idea. A new luxurious, sporty car to take on the modern up-starts.

Also did this very rough Crossfire concept. I guess in today's day and age, it would need to be Electric.

· Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
CHRYSLER AIRFLOW 'NEW LOOK' DEBUTS THIS WEEK

According to Chrysler, the Chrysler Airflow is going to have a "new look" when it re-debuts this week at the New York Auto Show. They provided this teaser image below. Do not expect a full car redesign, but who really knows? The full reveal will be April 13th, 2022.
Article

· Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
Some minor news that isn't all that exciting. But it ensures what Chrysler's future design language will be. It's a pretty stupid article honestly, so don't read it, lol. Lots of speculation. The only thing that matters is that Chrysler patented the Airflow.

Article

Also some Dodge dealer that has a blog wrote about it with some other minor details.

Blog Post

· Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 ·
Looks too much like a Jeep still. But I do think that front can look elegant and luxurious, but you're gonna need to really smooth out lines and make it curvy. Can't just use a base and slap new logos on. We'll need whole new lines, curves, etc. This is not Chrysler's future design language my friend. Nice work though.

· Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
^ It's sad how none of their lineup appeals to me anymore. The last two products to appeal to me were the Chrysler 200S and the Dodge Dart. They were also both affordable.

· Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
Always good to have some positive news!

CEO Carlos Tavares Confirms Chrysler Has Bright Future

At an event outside of Amsterdam today to discuss the future product strategy for the 14-brand Stellantis empire, CEO Carlos Tavares said that "Chrysler is one of the emotional pillars of the former FCA. It's important for us to give this brand a future and opportunity to rebound," and that "Chrysler will be relaunched." He added that the coming Chrysler models "look really gorgeous," which is something that CEOs always say about future products.

In speaking more broadly about the U.S. brand strategy, Tavares said, "We have the strategic vision to invest in all the American brands," but added that "I have no intention to bring more brands to the U.S. right now. I think we have enough."

Read Full Article

Also...
Stellantis/Jeep Pulling out of China over Communist Government Meddling In It's Business

1 - 17 of 17 Posts