Allpar Forums banner
241 - 260 of 284 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,825 Posts
That's a bit of a reach imo. I don't think the current supply chain woes (I'm assuming that's why they haven't shipped the Hurricane) will apply in 2024/2025.
If they were in a position to promise these 2022 vehicles 4 months ago, they should have had supplies in the pipeline and ready to go. It’s quite possible a supplier gave them low priority due to past poor treatment and now they can’t produce.

·
Super Moderator
40,825 Posts
Reactions: Adventurer55

·
Super Moderator
40,825 Posts
Still waiting to see a road test of a Hurricane equipped Grand Wagoneer. Build and price shows a few still in “being built” status but none in transit or on the lots. I thought I’d read somewhere that this week we’d see a road test on one.

·
Super Moderator
40,825 Posts

·
Registered
15,859 Posts
Once again:

I'd rather they be late than problematic.

This has been said nearly 100 times in the last 10 years only to never be the the actual result.

Nearly every delay resulted in a flawed product anyway.

It is time for everyone to start being realistic.

The Hurricane I6 is an FCA product. Could Stellantis be delaying it to make it better? Perhaps. But I doubt it.

They have been building the Hurricane I6 since last November. It has not been seen in an actual vehicle yet, not even a press event (though there is supposedly one taking place this month)

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,474 Posts
Its also possible that people that buy Grand Wagoneers like the Hemis too. It's a hard sell for all the extra complexity and the small HP and mileage gains. I know I wouldn't do it. At least until several thousand units rolled down the line and first buyers put miles on that engine.

·
Registered
15,859 Posts
Its also possible that people that buy Grand Wagoneers like the Hemis too. It's a hard sell for all the extra complexity and the small HP and mileage gains. I know I wouldn't do it. At least until several thousand units rolled down the line and first buyers put miles on that engine.
There are ZERO Hurricanes in the public's hands. The press is waiting anxiously to test the new engine and that has not happened yet either.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
There are ZERO Hurricanes in the public's hands. The press is waiting anxiously to test the new engine and that has not happened yet either.
Well, something is up I'd say. What it is is another mystery. All we get is the usual cheerleader speak about what a great addition and how much this will kick a Hemis butt. That's like saying a rookie running back is better then Jim Brown.

·
Registered
15,859 Posts
Well, something is up I'd say. What it is is another mystery. All we get is the usual cheerleader speak about what a great addition and how much this will kick a Hemis butt. That's like saying a rookie running back is better then Jim Brown.
No doubt something is up. Stellantis delayed the Tonale as well to increase battery range over Compass. It appears FCA was just going to duplicate Compass and leave it at that.

Did Stellantis delay the Hurricane to fix FCA flaws that FCA would have just foisted upon customers in their typical pattern? Maybe

They have been building Hurricanes for almost a year, so there is absolutely a story here. The question is: Will we ever know the truth?

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
No doubt something is up. Stellantis delayed the Tonale as well to increase battery range over Compass. It appears FCA was just going to duplicate Compass and leave it at that.

Did Stellantis delay the Hurricane to fix FCA flaws that FCA would have just foisted upon customers in their typical pattern? Maybe

They have been building Hurricanes for almost a year, so there is absolutely a story here. The question is: Will we ever know the truth?
Maybe, they're finally getting it that when you plop down 100k plus for a new vehicle you won't stand for mediocre. Remember, money talks and BS walks. Since everyone seems to still believe in trickle down economics, maybe this will trickle down to us commoners who only spend 30 to 50k for a new ride.

·
Jeepaholic
6,955 Posts
Watched a youtuber promoting the new Hurricane??? I doubt he has driven one like the rest of use.

Wil
That statement could taken two ways:

1) a simple typo, that you meant to say “rest of us”.
2) you’re previously from Philly and you’re saying “rest of youse”.

:LOL:

·
Super Moderator
40,825 Posts
The assembly line must be moving really slow. The same Hurricane powered Grand Wagoneers are still "being built" two weeks later. I could find none in transit or on a dealer lot.

241 - 260 of 284 Posts