Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently own 1984 dodge d150 and would like to know what the exact steps are for me to take in replacing the rear end. Due to continuous jumping and slamming when changing from "in park" to "reverse" or "in park" to "drive", there is a hard jolt/slam shortly after. Consulted a few friends and co-workers and they all seem to think that the rear end is on the Frits. Due to my current financial circumstances, I'm not going to drive it until it just breaks, which everyone suggests. Unless I want to pull apart the differential and I'm positive that won't go back together if that was the alternative due to the massive rust and lets just say it may fall apart if I touch it. Drivetrain is moving fine, so "U Joints" are not the issue. Really hoping I can get some feedback as to the issues I'm having. Please and thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The few people I have talked to seem positive that the problem is in fact the rear end. It is a RWD 318 5.2L btw..sounds like this will be more costly than imagined and I do not have anywhere to work that has correct tools though I may be able to find someone. Other technicians online say this would be bad to do by myself do I'm guessing I'll be looking more into this than planned. Not a very patient person but I'm getting there.thanks for all your concerns keep asking questions as I will do the same and will Definately check back in with what I find.

And no i don't dare if it changes, I'm not rrestoring the vehicle just trying to keep it going a little longer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.